Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
BAH Baltimore, Ft Meade, Annapolis
Last Post 21 Jun 2013 05:53 AM by Default Again. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Default Again

--
15 Jun 2013 08:58 PM
    My wife and I are going to PCS to the Curtis Bay area. This is my first PCS with the Coast Guard and I've never lived on the east coast, though I have visited there. How much of the allotted BAH should I look to spend on housing? I know it is an allowance for housing, but I question how expensive other things are out there. We don't want to live IN Baltimore because we don't want to get shot, we are also avoiding houses that would require me to commute along the 695. Any thoughts? Anyone ever been stationed in that area? Thanks.
    O be wise, what can I say more? -Jacob
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    15 Jun 2013 09:40 PM
    http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/si...ahCalc.cfm

You get BAH for the zip code of your unit. Can't help with much else.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    16 Jun 2013 07:33 AM
    Check out www.zillow.com. It'll show rental properties and includes maps so you can figure out your commute.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    16 Jun 2013 08:30 AM
    Make sure to check how much utilities run wherever you are looking. I have heard of people finding a great place within their BAH only to have to dig deep into their paycheck to cover the utilities.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Default Again

--
    16 Jun 2013 09:19 AM
    I'm familiar with what BAH is, I guess I'm asking a Baltimore area-specific question. I am presently an e7 in Utah and I've been spending pretty much the whole BAH on my mortgage for the last couple of years. And it is about 40 miles round trip too my duty station so I driver that all week here. In Utah that is fine, cost of living isn't so bad. I am just concerned about how much room to leave in Maryland. That is a good tip on asking about utilities.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jni3

--
    17 Jun 2013 12:12 PM
    there is nothing really wrong with 695. traffic in baltimore/dc area suck no matter where you're coming from. quite a few people live in the annapolis, glen burnie, hanover, laural areas. the drive on 695 to glen burnie isn't bad at all. check out www.militarybyowner.com. that's where we found our spot.
    vintendo

--
    20 Jun 2013 03:13 AM
    I was stationed in Baltimore at the Yard, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the city of Baltimore aside from a few pockets of crap. That being said, you still probably don't want to live there since there are nicer areas. I lived in Glen Burnie when I was there. If I had to do it over I would live in either Pasadena, which is south of the Yard or I would live in Whitemarsh, which is north of the Yard. From what I saw north of the Yard and city for that matter was that it was a little less expensive.
    Saving user accounts daily.
    Default Again

--
    21 Jun 2013 05:53 AM
    That use good to know. I think we've been able to narrow the to two houses, inner in Gambrills and one in Pasadena. You guts have been very helpful.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement