Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Airman program
Last Post 30 Dec 2013 01:35 PM by mkelly. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
blitzburgh

--
18 Jun 2013 12:54 PM
    I've read the force notes and have noticed they have some AET and AMT classes schedule and I was curious if anyone has received orders yet for the airman program. Or if anyone has heard if they are doing away with the airman program. That's the rumor I've heard.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    18 Jun 2013 07:20 PM
    From what I hear, the AN programs are gonzo for now
    blitzburgh

--
    19 Jun 2013 10:37 AM
    I've heard they are doing away with it and just adding a few weeks to the A school.
    Hawksbill29

--
    27 Nov 2013 02:31 PM
    They have gotten rid of the airman program for all aviation rates. They are trying to save money for all three aviation rates (AMT, AET and AST). And for the AST program specifically they also wanted to make the pre-training for A-school for uniform. Alot of air stations were not staying on top of their airman to keep them accountable. They were coming into a school unprepared and in turn were having to kick them out early and then in turn wasting money on sending so many kids to ecity only to kick them out so soon.

I actually just recieved my orders to ast a school for the february class!
    cashil

--
    29 Nov 2013 02:46 PM
    So once we graduate can we still request to put our names on an airman program list or is the rate going away? Or is it just going away from you being able to graduate an AN str8 out of bootcamp?
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    29 Nov 2013 03:04 PM
    You do not put your name on the AN program list. You put your name on the "A" school list of your choice. Previously if it was an aviation rating, you would get orders to an AN program on your way to "A" school. Now, they have incorporated the AN programs into the schools so you will just get orders to school. Out of boot camp, you will go wherever you are needed and your E-3 title will vary depending on the type of work you will be completing at your new unit.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    07 Dec 2013 06:34 PM
    Out of boot you'll be a SN or FN. I've never seen anyone go straight to the AN program.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    07 Dec 2013 07:45 PM
    We have AN at our air station that were straight out of boot camp. Not all of them want to go aviation either.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    07 Dec 2013 07:46 PM
    They aren't in an AN program but they are AN straight out of boot camp.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    08 Dec 2013 02:45 PM
    hmmm they must be doing that since there's no airman program but they still need nonrates doing that stuff?
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    08 Dec 2013 07:34 PM
    I have no clue. I know we had AN straight out of boot camp though before the AN program was axed. They have been here for a year or more.
    Hawksbill29

--
    29 Dec 2013 02:41 PM
    mkelly, Do you know anything about the new six week airman program (or whatever they are calling it now)? I dont know anyone that has gone through it since its so new an no one ive talked to knows anything about it?
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    30 Dec 2013 01:35 PM
    I do know about the 6 weeks added to "A" school. It is basically an extension of school to help prepare you but it still is a part of school now. I believe you actually take your first pool test during this 6 weeks and it counts against your go/no go's. You will spend time in the classroom learning things that needed more time spent on. You will spend a good amount of time getting in shape and working on water confidence. The PT requirements for the start are r slightly lower to accommodate people who were unable to work on fitness before entering the program due to job.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement