Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
USCGC Eagle
Last Post 21 Mar 2014 12:27 AM by EvanB. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bpac

--
02 Jul 2013 03:39 PM
    Has anyone been on USCG EAGLE? I am very interested in it.

I know its used for cadet and OCS training. What would a non-rate be doing on it? Do many non rates get this billet straight out of training? It seems like a great opportunity to learn a lot of skills. 

Thanks so much!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    02 Jul 2013 11:28 PM
    I am not saying it is a 100% rule, and I know we have amazing people in our organization at all pay grades, but overwhelmingly the non-rates on the Eagle were advanced compared to most. Many had or were working on degrees, many were older than most non-rates and possessed other skills/experience that made them assets to the CG beyond what is normally expected of a non-rate.

As far as "skills" that you think you will learn there. What do you think they are?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    03 Jul 2013 05:03 AM
    There is a poster on this board who was recently assigned to the Eagle as a non-rate. Hopefully he will stop by and see this. I remember he said they asked for volunteers in boot camp who were a little older than the avg recruit, and who had no fear of heights.
    Bpac

--
    03 Jul 2013 10:07 AM
    Awesome..sounds like me. thanks ebee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    03 Jul 2013 01:11 PM
    Just keep in mind the chances of there being a non-rate spot open there when you are graduating boot camp...
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    13 Jul 2013 08:52 PM
    I sailed on her a couple months ago for a week in BM "A" School. It was an awesome opportunity. Either way to answer your question: I came from a 378 ( Cutter Munro ) and, for the most part, the on-rates had the same qualifications as on other cutters; Helm/Lookout, security, etc. A few also had qualifications specifically for sailing. They taught the Cadets and OC's how to do these watches and stood the watches as well as mess cooked. Again, I only sailed on her for a week, but this is what I saw. Hope this helps. Oh...and they got to go to a bunch of bad ass places around the world. The Carribbean, South America, Europe....That cutter goes all around the world.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Liongolfer18

--
    17 Mar 2014 05:45 PM
    Hello all, I am currently a non-rate stationed on Eagle.......fire away with the questions and I will do my best to answer them ........the info posted so far from replies is pretty accurate, you get a lot of great opportunities and a tremendous amount of responsibility as a non rate in this billet.
    EvanB

--
    21 Mar 2014 12:27 AM
    I am curious, why are they looking for recruits who a little older than average? Is it a maturity issue because of the extra responsibility? I think working on the Eagle would be an incredible experience. Liongolfer, what do you think is most different about working on the Eagle as a non-rate versus another type of cutter, besides the sails? Thanks!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement