Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DD form 2558, what do I do???
Last Post 01 Aug 2013 08:04 AM by Old Guard2. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CSAYank

--
11 Jul 2013 07:31 AM
    Well hi every one, I know it's been a while. Im having some paperwork problems and to be blunt....it's pissing me off. I moved in to Navy housing. The lady at the front desk of our community was trying to set up our BAH to come right out to them. We did this in Kodiak in Coast Guard housing and everything was fine. But NOW, we're having an issue because the form doesn't have a box for Coast Guard in the first box where it asks for which branch. I'm finished with this, I'm about to walk in there and tell her " listen B----, we get paid the damn same as the other four branches. Take this form, use it, and shut up ". I'm not that kind of guy, but I'm getting to that point. She's about to charge us over $1900 deposit fee in military housing where we're paying them our whole BAH, we're military just like everyone else here and get paid as such. Any suggestions before I go in there and be a Boatswains Mate about this and tell them to shut up and just get It F'n done?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 Jul 2013 08:20 AM
    Don't move into Navy housing, if you're getting BAH find a decent place to live. Or, take the form to your YN, the CG might have a specific form for you to move into Navy housing.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    11 Jul 2013 08:57 AM
    Is this the form you are looking for? http://www.uscg.mil/forms/cg/cg_2040.pdf
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    12 Jul 2013 02:08 PM
    Gears, unfortunately navy housing was the best option for us. I'm in Point Pleasant, NJ. Anything. Halfway descent around here is way too expensive. Plus, everyone's house that go destroyed is renting and there's almost nothing available. Add the fact that I have a 70 pound dog and trying to expand my family, it's actually the best bang for our buck. And yes, that allotment form is what we ended up using. That was a hassle in itself too lol. We got it figured out but DAMN I hate dealing with paperwork like that.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Jul 2013 02:12 PM
    Jersey? How did you end up there?
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Jul 2013 04:39 PM
    Yank, good to hear from you again. Point pleasant isn't bad... It is a lot calmer in the winter. Enjoy, be sure to get to Jenk's on the boardwalk. My old stomping grounds.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    14 Jul 2013 01:44 AM
    Posted By NargilFenris on 11 Jul 2013 08:57 AM
    Is this the form you are looking for? http://www.uscg.mil/forms/cg/cg_2040.pdf

Probably not.  The allotment can be started and stopped through DA, as I am sure you know.

I just moved out of Navy housing in CT and I had no issues.  Paperwork was standard and I just started the allotment in DA myself.  You can't be the first CG family to move in there... ask to speak to someone else.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    26 Jul 2013 07:03 PM
    Gears, I got it out of A-School. Long Story, Classmates bickering back and forth over what unit to take, yada yada yada.
    OldGuard, yea we've been there a few times. MUCH different than the beaches in Florida lol. It's nice that we can just park at the station and walk there. Parking here is rediculous, so
    Is having to pay $9 a person to walk on to the beach. Screw that lol. Overall it's not too
    bad I guess. It's just taking A LOT of getting used to for my wife and I. Growing up in South Florida, coming from being in Kodiak for the last 2 years, it's taking quite a bit of getting used to.....mostly the people
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    26 Jul 2013 08:14 PM
    CSA- check out the National Guard training center in Sea Girt NJ. Free beach use for all active military, plenty of parking and you can have food and drinks on the beach. It is very nice there and not far from where you are.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Jul 2013 08:32 PM
    Oh come on, I'm a Jersey girl, you love me, right? Haha
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    30 Jul 2013 09:44 AM
    Mag- yea I went there on Friday, but to shoot lol. I also had to stand "burm guard" to keep people off the beach in front of the range lol. Thinking about going there when my in-laws come up.

Oldguard- yes i do lol. But most of the people here annoy the crap out of me
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jul 2013 11:06 AM
    Most of the people in Jersey annoy the crap out of me... Why do you think I live in Wisconsin?! HA

NJ is something that has to be learned to be loved. It doesn't come easily.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Jul 2013 11:07 AM
    Why do you think I live in Wisconsin?! HA

I know how much you LOVE Wisconsin.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jul 2013 11:13 AM
    I have decided I need to play the lottery more so I can win, buy a ranch in the middle of nothing, get some goats & sheep, a couple of horses to ride and not be around human's anymore. I am much happier in the company of things on 4 feet.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    30 Jul 2013 07:35 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 30 Jul 2013 11:13 AM 
    I am much happier in the company of things on 4 feet.

And thus the reason we have puppy dogs
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    31 Jul 2013 08:51 PM
    Everyone's in a damn rush to go nowhere. They need some Island In their lives, some Jimmy Buffett and Florida Keys lol
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    01 Aug 2013 08:04 AM
    I was driving to work in Jersey one day. I was doing probably 70 in a 65 if not a little faster (another reason I hated Jersey, they weren't speed LIMITS they were mearly suggestions and no one followed those). This woman behind me is flailing her arms, I could see her cursing and freaking out. Traffic was the usual nightmare. She finally found a spot to get around me. She did. Then she pulled in front of me and slammed on the brakes. And the point to that was what???? But I tried to move away from her, she would keep cutting in front of me and hitting the brakes.

Really?? What was the point! It actually slowed her down immensely. She could have stayed behind me and trucked along at 70-75 and we would have gotten there. Instead she was being a jackass and almost causing pile ups! TYPICAL NEW JERSEY!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement