Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
USMC to USCG
Last Post 21 Jul 2013 10:29 PM by JBraz. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
castrum8

--
21 Jul 2013 12:37 PM
    Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I'm currently an E-3 in the USMC and I've been researching the Coast Guard pretty heavily lately, ever since a visit to a Coast Guard museum ship in Key West, even thought my contract is up in 3 years I'm extremely excited about making the switch to the Coast Guard and well...it's basically my dream job now lol. However, before I keep getting myself and my wife so mentally invested in it as the plan for our future, I'd like to ask a few things just to be sure my dream can come true.
    My questions are:
    1. On the website for prior service recruiting it states this:
    "The enlistment of an applicant who was discharged or released from active duty in pay grade E-3 or below must be approved by Coast Guard Recruiting Command.  This is dependent on the needs of the service and is not a guarantee for enlistment."
    In my MOS most people finish their 4 years as an E-3 because that's how it's set up, they only need a certain number of CPLs in each MOS so many people are stuck at E-3 regardless of their job skills. So does that statement mean my chances of joining the CG are negatively affected if I come out an E-3, even if I'm not trying to skip boot camp or transfer my job qualifications or anything? (I'm just trying to join the Coast Guard like anyone else, and I just happen to be in another branch until then, I'm not asking for any bonuses or favors because of that fact). So even if I'm a good applicant otherwise (99 ASVAB, Associate's Degree, no crime or drugs ever, etc.) am I going to be negatively affected by the fact I will probably be a retired E-3 from the USMC?

2. My service record and job performance is pretty good except for one thing, a Page 11 (negative counseling) I got once, it had no consequences except the fact I had to sign it and it was placed in my records. My crime was getting married, even though I informed everyone in my chain of command and we took all the required classes, tests, etc.  Will this disqualify me from joining the Coast Guard?

Thank you all for taking the time to read this!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    21 Jul 2013 05:45 PM
    You wont skip bootcamp, its kind of hard to know what the recruiting environment is going to be like in 3 years for us to be able to tell you if they would tale you as an e-3 or not.

I am not sure about the negative page, a lot of this is going to be the mercy of the recruiting command on whether you are a worthy applicant or not
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    21 Jul 2013 10:29 PM
    You would need to be an E-4 it's extremely tough to bring in an E-3.
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement