Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The time has come...
Last Post 06 Sep 2013 09:31 AM by Old Guard2. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Staycib

--
06 Sep 2013 09:02 AM
    The long awaited day is, now, quickly approaching.

My son will report to his hotel on Sunday; just a few hours away it seems.  As I understand it, he will go through MEPS again on Monday to change status to active duty.  He then ships out to Cape May on Tuesday, September 10th.

I am so proud and excited for him but, of course, as his Mother I am nervous as well.

He has a plan for his future; a good and logical plan. I support him fully.

He is my oldest son. How did he grow up so fast?  How did I go to sleep one night with a little boy in the other room and wake up with a young man where that little boy was sleeping just minutes before?  That little boy, heading off nearly 3000 miles away from home to begin a new life as a young man serving his country.

He chose to read military books and diaries of servicemen starting at an early age. So, I always knew this day would come.  

I just didn't know it would come so soon.

So many emotions this week...

Mom

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    06 Sep 2013 09:27 AM
    It really does happen in a blink of an eye. But you know you did good when they have a plan and are ready to fulfill that plan on their own.

What a fabulous adventure coming up for him...we wish him safe journeys and an awesome experience.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Sep 2013 09:31 AM
    Hang in there momma. It isn't easy, letting him go is going to suck and you will cry. But you raised a strong young man ready to follow his dreams. That's what it's all about in the end. So through the tears there should be a lot of smiles. The days are going to drag by but the weeks will fly. HOpefully you have plans on attending the graduation. You think you'll cry this week??? Wait until you see him standing tall and proud in that uniform. Those are some pretty powerful tears. My father had to walk away for a minute to compose himself he was so darn proud of his grandson. The letters will start in week 2 with a form letter and then the personal letters will start. Expect maybe one a week, if he choses to write. They'll be packed wtih emotions of this is great, this is hard, this sucks, I love it... it's a roller coaster for sure. Then the phone calls telling you where he will be assigned. That's a great call.

I still look at my son's pre-school graduation video, a little lamb walking in saying "Hi Mom" to the camera and then I watch his boot camp video and there is a young man in uniform. Pretty darn amazing!!! If you need anything, post away we will do our best to help. There are facebook groups for the companies, you can meet other parents, spouses, girlfriends and boyfriends with people in your son's company. You can share the emotions of boot camp. There is also a facebook group for just moms. USCG Moms... it is a crazy group of ladies, we share our ups and downs in just about every aspect of life. Our common thread is we are all Coastie moms and all really proud of our babies! So if you are on facebook, join up. PM me yuor name and I'll let them know you are coming. It has to be verified by another mother that you are a Coastie mom.

If you have time... my one last recommendation... Date night. Just you and your son. No one else, no cell phones, IPADS, interruptions... Just the 2 of you. Have that last bit of time with your son. Colin and I had our date night, I think we sat for almost 3 hours in our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, just talking about everything and anything. Best night ever. Then he left a few days later. But I had that night with my best friend.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement