Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
9/11 Never Forgotten
Last Post 10 Sep 2015 09:40 PM by captkyguy. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
10 Sep 2013 11:03 PM
    Please NEVER FORGET 9/11

May God continue to bless and watch over all of the victims and their families and our brethren firefighters, police officers and military personnel...Amen
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Sep 2013 09:06 AM
    I can remember precisely where I was, what I was doing, what I was listening to on the radio, the weather of that day... I lived in the shadow of Manhattan. To hear the woman on the radio gasp in horror when the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower... You just knew, this wasn't an accident and this was going to be a day of great sorrow. I don't think I ever cried so much in my life over the course of the next week. I still have pictures from lower Manhattan on the following Saturday. Scott & I went into the city. It was so somber, so quiet. All you heard were sirens racing up and down the West Side Highway.

It occurred to me life was forever changed when we were heading back to Penn Station to catch our train to NJ. We hailed a cab. We jumped in and he started uptown. In NYC there are rules about crossing the street, everyone knows the rules. If the "WALK" sign is lit up, cars, trucks, cabbies they can pull all the way to your knee caps, but they stop. If the "DON'T WALK" sign is flashing, you are fair game. You don't run, you will be hit. As we were riding uptown, someone stepped off the curb and started across the Avenue, in the middle of the street, not at a crosswalk. The cabbie stopped and waved the guy across the street. That just doesn't happen... EVER! I had been teary eyed that whole day in the city... I broke down in sobs in the back of that cab at that point. I knew we were all forever changed.

I will never forget a single moment about that day or the days that followed...
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    11 Sep 2013 10:47 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOrzF7B2Kg
    On this day, the US Coast Guard organized the largest maritime evacuation in history. Hundreds of boats, almost all civilians who felt the call to help their fellow man, helped get almost half a million people off of Manhattan.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    12 Sep 2013 04:02 PM
    It's true that our Country was hurt badly that day, but as FG points out it was the largest rescue operation ever conducted. Not just on the island, but if you think about it, over 15,000 people were successfully rescued from the Twin Towers. So let's not only mourn the losses, we should celebrate the successes - the good that came out of the horror. The best of the human spirit.

FDNY 343
    PAPD 37
    NYPD 23

NEVER FORGET!
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    11 Sep 2014 06:42 AM
    Never forgotten...Never!

As we pause today to remember our FDNY fallen brothers and the others who responded to the WTC incident, we now know the after-effects have caused more suffering and deaths than the actual attacks, fires, and resulting collapse of the buildings. The casualties continue to mount to this day. Therefore, it is incumbent upon us that we hold fast to the lessons learned from this horrible event. We must modify our habits and behaviors, change the way we do our business so that, even though their lives are lost and continue to be lost, their sacrifices and the lessons they have given us are not.

http://www.silive.com/opinion/index...ll_is.html
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Sep 2014 08:07 AM
    My very best friends father was a very high person at AT&T. He was down in the pit trying to get lines reconnected, rerouted, get communications opened back up. He was down there for months. In the smoke, dust, debris, crawling through it. He just passed about 2 months back. Mesothelioma and they attribute it to 9/11 and being in the pit after the collapse.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Sep 2014 05:37 PM
    Pentagon: 125
    Shanksville, PA: 40

Let's not forget the ones that weren't in NYC.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    11 Sep 2014 05:58 PM
    I will never forget....a neighbor was a flight attendant on the Shanksville plane. I could watch and smell the smoke from the towers. Ash on our cars, in our yards-we were amazed at how far it spread. Neighbors, friends acquaintances lost, some stories of miracles...my cousins BIL burned by jet fuel, his ambulance got stuck in traffic-he told the EMT he would get out and walk the rest of way to St Vincents hospital. He got out, started walking, the ambulance made a u turn, drove back towards the towers and the second tower collapsed. He watched the smoke and debris rolling down the street and the EMTs that dropped him off were lost. I remember frantically waiting to hear from family members [thank God we were lucky and did not loose anyone]. My brother a police officer in NJ going to work security at the site in the following weeks, my cousin a construction worker going there to work for months, and still being followed medically by the govt. as are many due to all the toxic exposures. Everytime I drive and see the new Freedom tower out there, I always stop and think why it is there. I will never forget and I pray for the living!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    12 Sep 2014 12:05 AM
    I went outside and stood on my lawn, just watching those blue beams of light...it really is just a simple yet beautiful tribute to everyone and all that we lost in this country on that awful day.....
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    12 Sep 2014 04:39 AM
    A very beautiful tribute for all the lives lost and affected that day!

Absolutely Chief, all who died in all locations and all who were affected and lost loved ones...Never Forgotten!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Sep 2014 07:14 AM
    I flew home for my dad's birthday a couple of years ago. The lights were on, it might have been the first year they did those. Flying into LaGuardia and seeing those lights stretch into the heavens, pretty cool.

A friend that I do civil war reenacting with, his brother-in-law is an Admiral in the Navy, retired now. He was stationed at the Pentagon. He was in a meeting that morning but about a half an hour earlier, he was standing in the office that took the direct hit of the plane to the Pentagon. Just a few minutes difference in time, meeting rescheduled, whatever... he wouldn't be here still today. God or someone has more plans for some people... Something we will never understand, why him, not me.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    10 Sep 2015 09:40 PM
    Never forgotten 9/11

My thoughts and prayers to all who have fallen and those who were so tragically affected by the terror of that dreadful day. Please take a private moment this day to remember, then stand tall, proud and united as one nation undivided!

God Bless
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement