Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Re-enlist after being out for 2.5 years
Last Post 16 Dec 2013 06:31 PM by denverbroncos11223344. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jernst12

--
04 Dec 2013 05:44 AM

Hello everyone!

I have just a couple of quick questions. After 3 years in the CG, I was discharged with an RE-1. Its a little over two years later, and I'm thinking about re-enlisting.

If I re-enlist, would I have to go through boot again?

I was an OS2 at the time of separation, and I know OS is not on the open rate list. Is there a chance at all I would be able to go back into the OS rate?

If I can not go back in as an OS, is it possible to go straight back to A school for another rate? (Assuming there's not a wait)

Thanks!

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    04 Dec 2013 12:23 PM
    You have been out too long to just come back in and keep your rate. However, that would be up to the rating force Master Chief. You would still have to qualify to join over again ( ASVAB and medical) before a rating determination package could even be a consideration. If you didn't qualify to come back in as an OS, you would have to wait on an A school list like everyone else. The average wait time for a school right now is 3-4 years.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    04 Dec 2013 02:35 PM
    Being an OS "might" help the situation, I could possibly see them letting you come back as an OS3 and then get whatever job they throw at you. Like Cooch said no one can give you the answer straight, even the recruiter you talk to would need to pose the question up to the RFMC so he could make the decision.
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    Jernst12

--
    04 Dec 2013 03:07 PM
    Thanks!

I just got off the phone with my recruiter who said the same thing. So basically now I just have to get my packet complete and keep my fingers crossed.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    04 Dec 2013 03:52 PM
    Good luck!
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    Seabass

--
    04 Dec 2013 06:54 PM
    I'll throw in my 2 cents... If there is a break in service of greater than two years, you are no longer eligible for a TS clearance. So, IS is out of the question and I suppose you could go OS, since it only requires a S clearance, however they are processing everyone at A school for a TS now and at some units it is mandatory.
    denverbroncos11223344

--
    16 Dec 2013 06:31 PM
    Well kinda sorta... I went through OS "A" during 2013 summer and I was processed for a TS to head to my unit, but others who went to Sector's were only put in for an S clearance, and no only that; but they stopped processing TS for my unit shortly after I arrived. Original Poster: Did you use your POST 9/11 GI Bill and pursue avenues of education? Before you head back in maybe think about using all that up and getting a good engineering degree with a great GPA and come back as an ENS or Direct Commission?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement