Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
How many Flotillas?
Last Post 04 Mar 2014 11:04 PM by Amorhetleven. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jchughes05

--
28 Jan 2014 06:40 AM
    Heyall!!

How many Flotillas did you visit before making your decision?  I have four within 15 miles of me, and a few more beyond that (very marine-oriented state).  How did you know which one was the right "fit?"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amorhetleven

--
    28 Jan 2014 06:30 PM
    I went and visited them before making a decision. They will understand completely.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    05 Feb 2014 09:34 AM
    There is no down side to visiting several Flotillas. In fact, even after you decide on a particular Flotilla to join it's permitted and even beneficial to keep in contact with and visit other Flotillas. One thing that has come to light in some areas is that the fragmentation and overlap of dozens of Flotillas in a particular area that share AOR and CG Station support creates confusion. This confusion is exacerbated when the Flotillas involved have imperfect communication and coordination with each other. A little 'face time' at more than on Flotilla can alleviate some issues.

As an example, I'll point out that the average CG sector may have a dozen stations (give or take) and those stations are coordinated and communicated with on a weekly basis. The same size sector may have a half dozen divisions (or more) and over 30 different Flotillas which really only coordinate on a sporadic basis outside of monthly meetings.

Thus, you should visit as many Flotillas as you can, pick one that meets close to you and/or operates close to you and maintain contact with those you meet at other Flotillas. Fellowship is the 4th cornerstone of the Aux. and you will do well if you continue 'work' that cornerstone.
    SeahunterPDX

--
    04 Mar 2014 09:50 PM
    I have the same question as the original poster. There are three flotillas in my immediate area. If I visit each one, how do I know what to look for, ask, etc. as to know you're a good fit? How do you "compare" them? My instincts tell me to go with the one based at the local Coast Guard Station, which seemed to have what I thought were a lot of members. My reason being I hope there may be opportunities to work with the regulars, and hopefully with a lot of members that it is a fairly active flotilla. Are these valid points? How else does one compare flotillas??

Thanks for any advice!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amorhetleven

--
    04 Mar 2014 11:04 PM
    Visit all of the Flotillas and see which one fits best. Normally each Flotilla has their strengths and weaknesses. Some will be more operationally focused, while other might be more into public affairs or recreational boating safety. It doesn't matter which Flotilla you join, you will be able to work with active duty if you want to and they desire your help.

My advice would be to join the Flotilla that serves your needs best along with the people that you feel most comfortable working with.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement