Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Wanted: used float coat, medium (preferred) or large.
Last Post 07 Mar 2014 08:09 PM by NYBo. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trobinson017

--
31 Jan 2014 11:28 AM
    Hi fellow Auxies!

I'm in the market for a used float coat, medium or large. Medium is preferred but a large also works. I'm tall,
    but on the thin side. It can't have regular CG markings, must be Aux markings.  I'm in St. Petersburg, FL so can
    pick up locally or will pay for shipping.  Please let me know if you have one to part with.

And, yes, it does get cold enough here to warrant a coat. On a MOM patrol 2 weeks ago we had to wear
    anti-exposure suits! Last week it wasn't cold enough for a suit but a borrowed float coat was perfect! Now, I want
    my own.

Thanks!

Tim
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amorhetleven

--
    31 Jan 2014 02:07 PM
    You should talk to your MA (materials) staff officer for a coat. Gear needs to be issued directly to a person and not change hands. Also the gear has to stay within district.

If your FSO-MA doesn't know what to do, talk to your FC.
    trobinson017

--
    31 Jan 2014 03:31 PM
    Hi and thanks for the reply. This is the first I've ever heard of a flotilla issuing gear.  As far as I know, in our division, only Aux Air members get a flight suit issued to them from the local Air Station.  All other Auxies have to buy their own gear for boat crew or other duties.  As for anti-exposure suits, those are issued to facility (boat) owners to cover their normal crew compliment. Everyone I know that has a float coat purchased it new or from an inactive member. No mention at all about it being unauthorized to do that. PFDs, uniforms, boots, PPE, etc. I know have changed hands without an issue being raised.
    Can you provide a link to the rule? This may be a point of education for our flotilla. 

Thanks!

Tim
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amorhetleven

--
    01 Feb 2014 01:02 AM
    Tim,

I will dig around for the official rule, but it more based district by district. I was in 1SR and transferred to 13 and I had to give all of my gear back and then get another set issued to me. I should get back to you with a more official thing tomorrow.

amorhetleven
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    03 Feb 2014 05:38 AM
    I think Amorhetleven is correct in the district by district statement. I am in D9, and PPE is issued to ops trained aux. It must be returned if no longer in D9 ops (i.e., if leaving district, or if remaining in the district but no longer involved in ops). However, in the past we have had people in our flotilla purchase their own PPE.
    NYBo

--
    07 Mar 2014 08:09 PM
    You can occasionally find personally purchased PPE gear with Auxiliary logo. However, you have to be careful that someone isn't trying to sell CG or Auxiliary property!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement