Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello
Last Post 16 Feb 2014 07:03 AM by KD. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
USCGGF

--
03 Feb 2014 10:16 AM
    Hello, just thought to formally introduce myself. I just joined this forum yesterday and so I'm new. My boyfriend of 2 and a half years just left and it's the first time I've had no communication with him for over 5 days. Still haven't received his letter to let us know how to write to him so I'm getting nervous, they ARE allowed to write letters no matter what group they're in right? It's getting really hard, and I hope he's ok.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Feb 2014 10:29 AM
    SR John Q Public
    Recruit Company K189
    James Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

There you go... that's the address.  Start writing today if you like.  The letters are addressed on Sunday, so if it is coming to you, it should be to you in a few days.  He will only get one letter.  So there is the possibility he might send it to his parents. 

Welcome aboard.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    USCGGF

--
    03 Feb 2014 11:09 AM
    Thank you so much Old Guard2!! If I don't get something by Wed I am going to just send the letters I have written up already. But this has made me feel better, I talk to his parents everyday so they said they will let me know too. Hopefully it comes soon! But now that I have an address I feel very relieved. Thanks again!!
    Diesel

--
    04 Feb 2014 07:36 PM
    USCGGF,

When I went to bootcamp, my wife and I had spent everyday of the previous 7 years together, with the exception of 1 day for helping her parents move. It was very challenging not being able to talk to each other and make sure that she was ok. To add to the stress, everyone started getting letters around week 2 but I didn't get one until week 3. My wife began writing the day I left but for some reason they just took forever to get there. It happened to a lot of people. On her end it took even longer to receive an actual letter because we didn't get long enough to write anything for a week or two. In the moment it always seems very daunting but when it is over you will both be able to look back at it and not see it as the obstacle you do now. I will tell you though that for every 5 or so letters my wife sent me (1 a day) I was able to send maybe one. So don't be discouraged if they don't come flooding in, it is only temporary. They are allowed to write but only when told it is ok, which is few and far between, especially at the beginning. He is well looked after there so rest assured that he is fine. They will get their phones at the end of week 06 to use for a few hrs and then the end of week 07 for a few hrs as well. Keep your head up!
    USCGGF

--
    04 Feb 2014 07:53 PM
    Diesel:
    Hahaha I read two posts before I realized they were the same. Thank you very much. It means a lot to hear that from someone who went through it on the other end. I have already written many and they are in the mail so I hope he gets them by Sunday! Knowing that he won't have much time is a very good thing to know. Once I get that first letter I think this will be a bit easier, but until then, I seem to be still dragging my feet. But I will keep my head up! Even bad days are days closer to graduation right? hahah I definitely can't wait until a phone call! That would be great. 6 more weeks! Thanks again for the info and support.
    SRQ Coastie Mom

--
    12 Feb 2014 05:53 PM
    Old Guard2,

I appreciate all the time you take to help and reassure all of us CG newbies!  My son just arrived at Cape May last night, 2/11/14.  I believe that would put him in Lima 189.  Can you help me with his address?

Thanks!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Feb 2014 06:10 PM
    Absolutely -

SR John Q Public
    Recruit Company L-189
    Munro Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

Welcome to the forum. You can get a lot of great answers here. I will also suggest a Facebook site for you, if you are on Facebook. It is all CG Moms. They are a crazy bunch of ladies but the level of support between moms is just off the charts. I am a member there as well. If you are a Facebooker and want to join, PM me your name and I'll let them know you are joining. They like to verify that someone knows you and you are a Coastie mom. https://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/ That's a link to the group. If you aren't on Facebook, feel free ask anything you like here. We will be more than happy to help however we can.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    SRQ Coastie Mom

--
    12 Feb 2014 06:56 PM
    Great!  I'm not sure how to PM you on this site, but I hit the envelope icon next to your name and tried sending the info to you that way. Is that the PM button? ha ha, I'm not much of a blog/board user - but I'll learn just for my Coastie! If that didn't work, my name is Angela Jimenez.
    Acrmetal

--
    14 Feb 2014 07:56 PM
    Old guard 2 I am a new coast is mom. My son is in boot camp now just there a little over 2 weeks . I just got my first letter and he is so sad. It was hard enough having him leave and now it is even harder hearing him so unhappy. I knew he would be homesick but he is having a really hard time not so much with the physical stuff but the mental. He has made numerous mistakes and keeps thinking he is going to get reverted. He us scared and lonely and boy as a mom it is a killer. He told his girlfriend ghost they were sending him for 2 days to Ramp. My husband and I are both sad now too. Will he get sent home? That would kill him since this has been his dream for as long as I remember.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    14 Feb 2014 09:51 PM
    A couple of days in RAMP doesn't necessarily mean they're going to send him home. RAMP is a tool they use to help recruits focus on training and get back on track.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    15 Feb 2014 03:55 AM
    Take any and all sad out of you letters you send him...this is normal the first few weeks...he will overcome and come out the other side a confident, proud young man. He will present taller and proud and very confident when you next see him at graduation...you and your husband will be so very proud of the man standing in front of you.

Positive letters and positive support...take the sad out and just send encouragement.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Acrmetal

--
    15 Feb 2014 07:11 AM
    Would never send him a sad miss you type letter.  We have been very positive and upbeat.  I'm happy to know that ramp doesn't necessarily mean reversion.   All of our family are sending him " you can do it" letters.  Us it ok for a lot of people to write to him?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    15 Feb 2014 07:51 AM
    Us it ok for a lot of people to write to him?

Yes. Clear a rain forest sending him letters.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    16 Feb 2014 07:03 AM
    Love your way with words Gears
    Hang in there Moms and girlfriends....it's not as long as it seems.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement