Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Air Station Miami
Last Post 25 Feb 2014 08:24 AM by blitzburgh. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
blitzburgh

--
22 Feb 2014 07:21 PM
    Hello,

Just curious if there was anyone present or past that was at the air station in Opa Locka. Just curious on what the area was like and where most people lived.

Thanks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Lance

--
    23 Feb 2014 10:19 AM
    I'm there now. The area around the Airstation sucks. In a transition flight you are flying over a 3rd world county one minute then you look down and you are over Ophra's house in Star Island. The keys are awesome and pretty much anywhere along the coastline. Married with kids live north in the Pembroke Pines, Davie or Plantation area. Single or no kids tend to live closer to the water, either Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood.
    blitzburgh

--
    24 Feb 2014 06:45 AM
    I'm married with a son so that helps out a lot. Thank you. Is it pretty easy to stay away from all the crime and drugs? I'm just curious to know what I would be getting my family into.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Lance

--
    24 Feb 2014 04:40 PM
    It's not hard to avoid it at all. Do you have orders to the Airstation?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2014 05:25 PM
    This should help.. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=212676495963941324179.0004d7c237cd0fd254811&dg=feature
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    blitzburgh

--
    24 Feb 2014 07:27 PM
    No orders yet. I will be coming out of a school and I'm trying to get figure out what I want to put down. I've been considering Miami and was just wondered about the drugs and crime.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Feb 2014 07:29 PM
    Is Miami on your pick list? You may be putting the cart ahead of the horse. You don't request units out of A School. You get a list of billets to pick from, that's all.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    blitzburgh

--
    24 Feb 2014 08:48 PM
    I've been told by members ahead of me you make a list and then they give you picks.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    25 Feb 2014 01:01 AM
    You make a list out of a list given to you
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Feb 2014 05:48 AM
    You were told incorrectly or understood incorrectly.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    blitzburgh

--
    25 Feb 2014 08:22 AM
    That's what I was told before school based on Petaluma and Yorktown. I very well could be misinterpreted... And it could be for the curiousity of the instructors to find out where we want to go, but I was told that the list is attempted to be based off of our lists. Obviously needs of the CG takes precedence. I'm just stating something that I was told from a member who recently went through.
    blitzburgh

--
    25 Feb 2014 08:24 AM
    Also I believe that they're only around 25 air stations and his class could have been extremely lucky and had open billets at all the air stations at that time.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement