Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello everyone!
Last Post 10 Mar 2014 09:18 PM by Old Guard2. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
EvenKeel

--
07 Mar 2014 02:37 PM
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Josh and I am an aspiring Seaman Recruit. I have posted a few times in the past few weeks under the name Bappto. I decided to make a new account with a name that I feel is a bit more fitting and has less "oh I don't know what name to use, here is something random." 

First off I would like to say how much I appreciate all of the members on this forum, you all have helped me make a life changing choice to peruse the Coast Guard sooner, rather than later. 

A little bit about myself; I spent much of my childhood life aboard a variety of different boats, from 20 foot sailing rigs to 62 foot trawlers. I lived aboard two different vessels for two years mostly in Alaska and the Bahamas. Once I reached middle school age my parents decided that it would be best to become more permanent "dirt dwellers" for public schooling. After high school I attended college, graduated, and now I am perusing my long term dream to join the Coast Guard. 

I will probably be asking more questions as they come up, and I will try to answer other questions that I feel confident in answering (currently it probably won't be many due to a lack of experience.)
    "You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going." - Captain Sheldon, White Squall
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Mar 2014 03:06 PM
    Enjoy your journey...we wish you the best.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2014 03:32 PM
    Were you ever in Valdez? I lived there from 92-96, just wondered if we crossed paths. You are too young to have lived in Kodiak when I was there, 85-90, I would assume.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    EvenKeel

--
    07 Mar 2014 03:38 PM
    We never made it to Valdez, we spent our time in the inland passage never making it past Glacier Bay. I wish we would have seen more of Alaska, it's a beautiful state. How did you like Valdez?
    "You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going." - Captain Sheldon, White Squall
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2014 10:11 AM
    I loved Valdez. It had the quietness of a small town but the access to the rest of the state via a road! Something I couldn't say about Kodiak. Loved it there, too but getting out proved a challenge on occasion. I made a lot of friends in Valdez and enjoyed my time there. I would go back...
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    EvenKeel

--
    10 Mar 2014 10:49 AM
    Do you prefer small towns OldGuard? The reason I ask is because I am a small town kind of guy (or small community, from living on boats) and I feel a bit out of place when visiting the hustle and bustle, and what seems to be general unfriendliness, of big cities. If you do prefer small towns and have been stationed in large cities how was the transition? I figure you probably just get us to it. Its not a concern of mine, just another thing that will be different if I become a Coastie.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2014 11:47 AM
    I grew up in central NJ, my father had an office in both Manhattan and the Bronx. I played in the shadow of Yankee Stadium as a little girl and was riding packed commuter subways before I was 5 years old, with my dad of course. Alone when I was older. I have lived in enormous cities and podunk backwater towns. I can adjust and adapt to any lifestyle you want to throw at me. I love small towns... I love big cities. Part of me wants to hit the lottery and buy an apartment in mid-town Manhattan. Another part wants to hit the same lottery and buy a place in remote Alaska where the only time I see another human is once every 6 months when they fly in my mail and stores for the season.

The only thing I will suggest... Avoid Wisconsin. This place is a nightmare. But that might be a personal opinion. I have never been so completely unhappy in a location in my entire life and I have lived all over the place.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    10 Mar 2014 01:21 PM
    But your all time favorite place Old Guard was Ft Worth Texas...you know it was :-) :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2014 03:37 PM
    Without a shadow of a doubt. By far the best!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Mar 2014 08:54 PM
    The Great Lakes suck in general, yes. But, WI isn't so bad OG, we had a pretty bitchin' New Years!
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    10 Mar 2014 09:18 PM
    That was all the company... We could have had a great New Years anywhere!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement