Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hopeful Coastie
Last Post 20 Mar 2014 07:32 PM by thestormiscoming. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
LetsGoMets1990

--
18 Mar 2014 10:24 AM
    Hello, Coast Guard family!

I'm 23 and just started getting the wheels turning on my Coast Guard application for enlistment.  During my senior year of college I decided that I wanted to serve.  However, after landing a steady job with my degree upon graduation, I decided to put the idea of serving on the back burner.  However, I could not resist the call any longer.  Initially, I was going to apply for USMC OCS (after reading One Bullet Away.....cliche, I know), but the Marines just did not seem to match my interests.  After talking to a friend of my father, who was a CWO and 30 year CG vet, I was convinced to go Coast Guard.  I decided to go the enlisted route so I can learn the ropes (literally) of the Coast Guard and really immerse myself in this new world before I even think about OCS.  You guys seem to have a ton of information and when I was making my decision, I was an anonymous lurker on here to gather information.  So, now, here I am.  I am so excited to get everything going and get to boot to begin my Coast Guard career.  As far as A list schools, I'm looking at BM.  They seem to be a pretty versatile group in the Coast Guard.  I look forward to talking to you all and hopefully I'll ship out before the end of the summer! 
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    18 Mar 2014 11:32 AM
    Welcome aboard! You'll find answers to just about any CG question you can think of here. Good luck on your journey
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Mar 2014 12:10 PM
    Welcome aboard. I was at Shea Stadium the day they filmed the "Let's Go, Mets Go" video... Of course that was in 1986 and you weren't around yet. But boy I sure did have fun that day!! Anyway... If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    18 Mar 2014 12:32 PM
    Welcome...enjoy your journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    LetsGoMets1990

--
    18 Mar 2014 02:00 PM
    Thanks, guys!

Old Guard - my aunt and uncle actually met at that game. Knowing my luck, the Mets will actually make a playoff run while I'm at boot camp and I'll miss it...
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    18 Mar 2014 04:21 PM
    I trust the 30 year CWO told you some great sea stories to sway you from the USMC. Start talking with your local recruiter sooner than later before their spots are all gone for this fiscal year. You're looking at a 90 +/- day process if all goes well for joining as a non-prior service active duty enlisted applicant.
    LetsGoMets1990

--
    20 Mar 2014 07:48 AM
    He really did. He's been all over. I was pretty hell bent on the Marines, but as he said, he talked me off the ledge. Yikes, I didn't know the wait was that long. I'm seeing my recruiter a week from today. I don't mind waiting that much since I'm working full time now. So, the days will fly by. Do a lot of members from other branches switch over to the Coast Guard then?
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    20 Mar 2014 07:32 PM
    We've seen a bit of a surge lately with the talks of decreasing manpower for the USA and USAF. A lot of the leads want to get started on their conditional release form just in case they are going to be forced out and to try and minimize unemployment time. I will say we see more interest from members of the Army National Guard, at my office in northern New Jersey, than any other service.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement