Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
question
Last Post 21 Mar 2014 12:32 PM by ebee. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ariel10908

--
20 Mar 2014 04:58 PM
    I'm having a question about being in shape for boot camp so I went to sign up just 2 months ago and already shipping out in 3 weeks so I'm a little intimated by the people who have been waiting to go for like a year and have all that time to get in shape while I have only had 2 months and haven't been able to work out much cause I have been rushing to get things settled for my son cause my husband is in the army so we have been moving into a new place and then finding daycare for my son and then having to do extra paperwork with jag since we will be dual military so I'm wondering how many people are actually really really in shape before they go are they able to pass boot camp I'm only really struggling on the push ups everything else I'm pretty okay.
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    20 Mar 2014 05:18 PM
    You should be having this discussion with your recruiter now, if you're so concerned. That said, can you complete any of the required minimums? No one should be shipping to basic if they can't do the minimums, especially since all recruiters and RICs are supposed to be checking your fitness logs and recruit qualification standard. My offices applicants do their push ups and sit ups in the office in front of their recruiter or me for the signature.

Being fit before shipping isn't just about passing minimums, it is also in place to make sure you don't break yourself at basic.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JDMD

--
    20 Mar 2014 06:35 PM
    Yes you definitely want to at least get the minimums! The way I guess it goes now in boot camp is the first week you have your initial pt test. If you don't pass, you don't form with your company. You don't want that!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amorhetleven

--
    20 Mar 2014 10:30 PM
    When I did my initial PT test in week 1, there were people that could not pass the push ups or sit ups, but passed the run. They formed with my company. There were several people who did not pass the run and they did NOT form.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    20 Mar 2014 11:01 PM
    You have plenty of time. Just get it in and seriously just a few times a day do your best with ur best form and put out 23 pushups which is the requirement for females. If you do it everyday you'll be fine when you ship. I have to stay fit for pt tests and I'm not the strongest girl in the world but to keep at it I have to do them every day too. For the past month I've been prepping for a c-scbool because I've heard the instructors have been really hard on the classes going through, which when I went to boot we did the pt test at week 4 and back then I swear it was 15 pushups so you had all day to do them in a minute.

Just keep doing them I promise within a couple days you'll notice a difference. Just keep aware of your wrists and don't get hurt.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    21 Mar 2014 08:04 AM
    Hit the deck every chance you get and bust out as many as you can, roll over and do sit-ups and flutter kicks...every chance you get during the day. We are all busy but it only takes a few minutes to bust out some sit-ups, flutter kicks and push-ups. Hit the deck and do them!

You will do great, have a blast and enjoy your journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    21 Mar 2014 12:32 PM
    Can you pass the run right now? In my opinion that is what takes the longest to improve. You can make great strides in the other areas in a short amount of time, just don't overwork yourself.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement