Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello
Last Post 17 Apr 2014 09:39 PM by drifter001. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
drifter001

--
20 Mar 2014 10:16 PM
    I'm 24 for another 2 months. Currently work as a EMT-B for a 911 contracted company that runs with the Los Angeles County Fire Department. Ive always had an interest in military since high school but at the time i either wanted to be a Recon sniper for USMC or a helicopter pilot so i decided to go to school not knowing what to do with life. I joined a fire explorer program at 20 where i met a few USCG reserves in the LACoFD and that planted the seed in me for the Coast Guard. I initially tried enlisting at 22 but didn't work out then started thinking about it again towards the end of last year. Now after much thought and consideration I have decided to enlist as active duty and most likely will dedicate the rest of my career as a Coast Guardsman. I met with my recruiter a few days ago and got my MEPS for physical and asvab scheduled for April 14th. Looking forward to starting this new chapter of my life.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    21 Mar 2014 07:11 AM
    We wish you the best...enjoy your journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Mar 2014 08:40 AM
    Congratulations. Welcome aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to throw them out, we'll be happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    drifter001

--
    25 Mar 2014 02:42 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 24 Mar 2014 09:40 AM
    Congratulations. Welcome aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to throw them out, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks much! I'm really looking forward to starting my journey with the USCG! So far I've been working on being able to meet the minimum physical requirements to graduate. I don't want to show up first day of basic not being able to complete the times run or do push-ups or do the sit-ups. I hope to be able to get on a cutter in Seattle so that's going down as my #1 pick on my dream sheet. 
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Mar 2014 07:57 PM
    My son is on the Midgett in Seattle. He likes it! Given a choice I think he would rather be back in Boston.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    drifter001

--
    30 Mar 2014 07:16 PM
    thats awesome!!! Two weeks left until I have my first MEPS visit!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TriMan1991

--
    31 Mar 2014 11:59 AM
    welcome! I have had a similar experience as you. Not sure what I want to do with my life, started volunteering as a firefighter for my local department, and I'm now an EMT-B (soon to be NREMT) and pro-boarded Firefighter1 going to MEPS on Monday. 

“A ship in harbor is safe — but that is not what ships are built for.”
    drifter001

--
    08 Apr 2014 10:52 PM
    Posted By TriMan1991 on 31 Mar 2014 12:59 PM
    welcome! I have had a similar experience as you. Not sure what I want to do with my life, started volunteering as a firefighter for my local department, and I'm now an EMT-B (soon to be NREMT) and pro-boarded Firefighter1 going to MEPS on Monday. 

thats awesome! I go on Monday as well!!!! Good luck in your process!
    drifter001

--
    16 Apr 2014 10:57 PM
    went to meps monday but due to certain circumstances i was only able to do take the asvab. I scored high enough to first of all qualify for Coast Guard and per my recruiter I did very good with a score of 71. I also qualified for both ratings I am interested in (bm or amy). I know i have plenty of time to chose which i want but at the moment I'm torn. I return to meps tomorrow for my physical so that should be interesting. getting closer and closer to achieving my goals
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    17 Apr 2014 08:31 PM
    Closer and closer is good!

AMY might be a fun rating :-) I hear AMT is also a good one :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    drifter001

--
    17 Apr 2014 09:39 PM
    Posted By captkyguy on 17 Apr 2014 09:31 PM
    Closer and closer is good!

AMY might be a fun rating :-) I hear AMT is also a good one :-)

agreed! and I agree on the rating. I love flying and i love being in or near the water so it'll be a tough choice! once i get to experience deck life and whatnot i think it'll become a bit easier. as for meps, i thought i was 6'3 so i managed to drop from 237 to 218 to meet the 220 mark but I'm 6'2 soooo i gotta go back after 5/3 for the other 4 lbs. seeing as i managed to lose nearly 20 lbs in 3 weeks, those additional 4 will be a walk in the park. and i gotta do an eye exam since i have astigmatism but per my vision scores i did well with correction so that shouldn't be much of an issue i hope
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement