Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
chain of command
Last Post 11 Mar 2016 10:23 AM by cgsaga. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lggm

--
23 Mar 2014 09:22 PM
    hey guys ill be shipping out too boot camp in few days and well i know most of my required knowledge except my chain of command ! 
    Does any one know where i can get that ?

commander in chief 
    secretary of homeland security
    coast guard commandant 
    deputy commandant for mission support
    force readiness command 
    commanding officer co
    executive officer xo
    training officer
    regimental officer
    battalion officer
    battalion commander 
    section commander

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Mar 2014 09:32 AM
    At least the first 4 you should already know. You must know who the Commander in Chief is, right??? The last part of that list you won't know until you get there.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Mar 2014 12:02 PM
    I know the first one...and I believe I know the third one.

Enjoy your journey lggm!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    McDonaldI189

--
    24 Mar 2014 12:31 PM
    Posted By lggm on 23 Mar 2014 09:22 PM
    hey guys ill be shipping out too boot camp in few days and well i know most of my required knowledge except my chain of command ! 
    Does any one know where i can get that ?

commander in chief 
    secretary of homeland security
    coast guard commandant 
    deputy commandant for mission support
    force readiness command 
    commanding officer co
    executive officer xo
    training officer
    regimental officer
    battalion officer
    battalion commander 
    section commander

Commander in Chief: President Barrack H. Obama II(The second, you have to say it just like that)
    Secretary of Homeland Security: The Honorable Jeh Charles Johnson
    Coast Guard Commandant: Admiral Papp
    Deputy Commandant for Mission Support: Admiral Brown
    Force Readiness Command: Admiral Bushman
    Commanding Officer(CO): Captain Prestidge
    Executive Officer: Commander Smith
    Training Officer: Commander Gibbons
    Regimental Officer: Lt. Stiefel 

I'm about 90% sure this is correct. The Executive Officer and Training Officer may be switched, but I believe its correct. Good luck in boot

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Mar 2014 12:52 PM
    I am not kidding when I say an answer like this should never be given. If you don't know the CIC or where to look to find the DHS secretary, that is a real problem.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    24 Mar 2014 02:51 PM
    The flag officer appointment message just came out too. DCMS, DCO, LANT and PACAREA commanders will be changing watch soon. Transfer season will undoubtedly mess up what you memorize now. If the CoC is the only thing you're not 100% on, you'll be fine. Good luck!
    lggm

--
    24 Mar 2014 05:23 PM
    thanks guys i appreciate it !
    i will try and get them all down by april 1
    RhodyMike

--
    22 Feb 2016 02:20 PM
    Hello Everyone, just trying to get an updated version of the Chain of Command. I leave for bootcamp next month and have my general orders, rates and ranks, and ethos down so now I am moving onto Chain of Command and was wondering if anyone knew the updated version of this. Such as I believe The Coast Guard Commandant is now Admiral Paul F. Zukunft. If anyone could give me an updated version that will be greatly appreciated as I have searched everywhere Online and got little pieces here and there but not too sure about the accuracy of doing that. Also if while listing the command could you write it out as if you had to repeat it and write it correctly while in bootcamp for example for Secretary of Homeland Security you have to add "The Honorable" before the persons name. Any help will appreciated even if it is just one person. Also I know I wont get most of the Chain of Command untill I get to bootcamp, like SC, LCC, CC and others.
    Thank You
    cgsaga

--
    11 Mar 2016 10:23 AM
    Posted By RhodyMike on 22 Feb 2016 02:20 PM
    Hello Everyone, just trying to get an updated version of the Chain of Command. I leave for bootcamp next month and have my general orders, rates and ranks, and ethos down so now I am moving onto Chain of Command and was wondering if anyone knew the updated version of this. Such as I believe The Coast Guard Commandant is now Admiral Paul F. Zukunft. If anyone could give me an updated version that will be greatly appreciated as I have searched everywhere Online and got little pieces here and there but not too sure about the accuracy of doing that. Also if while listing the command could you write it out as if you had to repeat it and write it correctly while in bootcamp for example for Secretary of Homeland Security you have to add "The Honorable" before the persons name. Any help will appreciated even if it is just one person. Also I know I wont get most of the Chain of Command untill I get to bootcamp, like SC, LCC, CC and others.
    Thank You

Just focus on memorizing the titles and their order. I visited a coast guard station with my recruiter a few weeks ago and spoke with a SN who was only 4 months out of boot. He told us that they will show it to you once and you gotta write it down quickly, but you wont be alone. Your entire company will work together to get on the same page and help make each other strong in the areas you may be week. Just learn everything else in your helmsman and prepare to be a team player.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement