Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
YN A school 02JUN14
Last Post 24 May 2014 01:40 PM by Doesitdream. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RebeccaWard

--
27 Mar 2014 04:18 PM
    Just received orders for the 02JUN14 YN A school class. Anyone else?
    Doesitdream

--
    01 Apr 2014 12:49 PM
    I just recieved orders to this class also. Now im starting to sign tdy/re-enlistment papers and things this week, and buying thigs needed for the school. Every yn here says we'll have a blast.
    RebeccaWard

--
    08 Apr 2014 04:36 PM
    Yeah, I am also working on my re enlistment papers. I'm still undecided how long I want to re enlist for.

What unit are you coming from?
    Doesitdream

--
    11 Apr 2014 05:50 AM
    I was on the morgenthau, the jarvis for a bit, then wmsl support in alameda ca. Been bouncing around forever, can't wait to be in one spot for four years.
    Cpedroni19

--
    23 Apr 2014 12:30 PM
    I am currently at YN A school as part of the 04 14 class if anyone has any questions or concerns please message me anytime
    Doesitdream

--
    23 Apr 2014 01:55 PM
    Yah thanks; What were the picks for your classes next billets like?
    Any information, from indoc week, to sea bag items, to duty or anything you enjoyed would be great help.
    Cpedroni19

--
    23 Apr 2014 04:01 PM
    Overall so far it has been great. we are in our first week of actual class and the instructors are awesome. they are very knowlegable and also very nice. As long as you keep your uniforms good and show initiative then you will have no problems.

INDOC week was also a good time. the first day is a bit of a shock but after that its all great, we did alot of team building excercizes and learned alot of things about becoming a leader. Also be prepared during INDOC you will do a PT test and have a Personnel and room inspection, we did it on the first Saturday and liberty is at stake. Our class passed no problem. Also on the first Wednesday we ran "Texas Hill" which is a big steep hill on base. It was rough but as long as you give 100% your going to be fine, this goes for the PT test as well.

Once again as long as you and your classmates are here for the right reasons and are ready to learn there will be no problems.

Also there are alot of things on and off base to do its a great base and a great area

you will stand duty 1 in 4 after your INDOC week, I had my first duty day yesterday... i pulled MOVIE THEATRE watch, which was very laid back

AS far as seabag goes, I would come fully prepared we wear trops with garrison covers mon-wed, and osu's thurs-fri.

I would reccomend buying the corafram shoes it will save you alot of time because you are mostly going to be wearing low quarters.
    Have more than 1 nametag and good looking uniforms, there is a dry cleaner on base as well

Just overal id say so far it is a great learning experience and the YN instructors are awesome.

I hope that helps.
    LeonHayes

--
    23 Apr 2014 06:35 PM
    How long before your convening date did you get your orders? Did yall pick your units yet? Did you take your epme before you went to a school
    Cpedroni19

--
    24 Apr 2014 09:50 AM
    When I received my orders it was about 2 months prior to class.

Also YOU SHOULD complete the epme first it will take alot of stress off your shoulders
    Cpedroni19

--
    24 Apr 2014 09:52 AM
    And we havnt picked our units yet, but we did get the list as of 23APR14, we are now in our 4th day of actual class so week 2
    Doesitdream

--
    21 May 2014 10:39 AM
    http://www.freezingblue.com/iphone/...tID=254226

epme study guide for anyone who my benefit from it.
    Doesitdream

--
    24 May 2014 01:40 PM
    Also:

Should we bring like notepads and pen's; or anything thing you can recommend for the homework and classroom?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement