Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Very Excited!
Last Post 15 Apr 2014 07:06 PM by Puddle_Pirate. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Puddle_Pirate

--
15 Apr 2014 03:38 PM
    Hello everybody, I have been viewing these forums for a while now, and I have finally decided to make an account and join the community. (You guys are great, btw) 

I have been going though the recruitment process for about 4 weeks, and I have just returned from Fort Hamilton MEPS after taking my ASVAB. I personally thought it wasn't too bad, I got a 90 for the AFQT and a 127 for my GT (I didn't even study). The Coastie working there said that was the second highest AFQT score he had ever seen. I have to call my recruiter tomorrow to set up the Physical.

Driving home with my father I had the biggest smile on my face. Growing up around boats my whole life (I learned to swim before I could walk xD) I'm just so excited to do this, to join the CG, to always be prepared, to go out and do anything they need me to, save distressed mariners, tend to buoys, bust drug traffickers, stop illegal immigration, fight piracy, you name it, I'll do it. 

Have a good one! 
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    15 Apr 2014 03:41 PM
    Welcome puddle...excellent job on the ASVAB. Enjoy your journey, I am sure it will be an adventurous blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Puddle_Pirate

--
    15 Apr 2014 03:44 PM
    Posted By captkyguy on 15 Apr 2014 04:41 PM
    Welcome puddle...excellent job on the ASVAB. Enjoy your journey, I am sure it will be an adventurous blast!

I'm sure it will be! My dream assignment would be Alaska, that Bering Sea is no joke!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Apr 2014 05:25 PM
    My son had sailed around the Bering and it is either amazing or treacherous. He was born in Alaska and loves sailing all around there. Best of luck.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    15 Apr 2014 06:33 PM
    , to always be prepared, to go out and do anything they need me to, save distressed mariners, tend to buoys, bust drug traffickers, stop illegal immigration, fight piracy

Do dishes, paint, scrub bilges, clean... Don't forget about all of the mundane tasking you'll receive while you learn to do all of the above. Now that I think about it the CG has a whole Mr. Miyagi thing going on.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Puddle_Pirate

--
    15 Apr 2014 07:02 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 15 Apr 2014 06:25 PM
    My son had sailed around the Bering and it is either amazing or treacherous. He was born in Alaska and loves sailing all around there. Best of luck.

I have been sailing in the Open Ocean before, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to the Bering Sea. I guess you could say I have my "Sea Legs". 
    Puddle_Pirate

--
    15 Apr 2014 07:06 PM
    Posted By Gears on 15 Apr 2014 07:33 PM
    , to always be prepared, to go out and do anything they need me to, save distressed mariners, tend to buoys, bust drug traffickers, stop illegal immigration, fight piracy

Do dishes, paint, scrub bilges, clean... Don't forget about all of the mundane tasking you'll receive while you learn to do all of the above. Now that I think about it the CG has a whole Mr. Miyagi thing going on.

I love painting and cleaning! Hell, I love working in my boat's bilge too. I will probably experience many times of boredom like you said, but thats's all part of life I guess. 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement