Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello!
Last Post 28 Apr 2014 04:23 PM by Kierstenrc. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kierstenrc

--
21 Apr 2014 03:20 PM
    Hello! My name is Kiersten. I'm from Virginia. I've wanted to enlist in the Coast Guard for years and I finally got the courage to do it. I sent in an application a few days ago. I'm a bit of a worrier so I'm a bit concerned about getting through Meps and taking the ASVAB. I took the ASVAB in high school and it wasn't too bad. I think I'll do better this time around though. I'm also a former Sea Scout. I hope that will give me some brownie points. The Portsmouth CG base lets us Sea Scouts spend a weekend on base every year and they personally train us in seamanship. That's how I decided I wanted to be in the Coast Guard. The Petty Officers I met as a teen really impacted me and I really looked up to them. A lot of my customers at my current job (at a donut shop) are Coasties, since I live near the base and they are so nice and always giving me advice and encouraging words. I look forward to getting the ball rolling and hopefully becoming a Coastie myself! 
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    21 Apr 2014 03:49 PM
    We wish you the best...enjoy your journey and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Apr 2014 05:39 PM
    Congratulations. Best of luck with your journey to boot camp. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. We are happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    EvenKeel

--
    22 Apr 2014 08:49 AM
    Best of luck! I was a worrier before MEPS as well but if your anything like me once your through it you will wonder why you ever worried.
    "You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going." - Captain Sheldon, White Squall
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    22 Apr 2014 07:13 PM
    I chuckled when you said a lot of the customers at the doughnut shop were coasties. It was also nice to read that you had a positive experience with the POs at Base Portsmouth. Active duty members really do a lot to help us recruiters get applicants. Anyways, good luck with the recruitment process.
    Kierstenrc

--
    23 Apr 2014 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the welcome! It's true though, some of my regular customers are Coasties. I also get a lot of the other branches coming in because I live in a big military area. I'm just a worry wart. I'm sure I'll do fine at Meps. I have no health issues, weight issues, or anything. I do have screws in my ankle but they don't do anything anymore. That surgery was 8 years ago and I could probably get them taken out if I wanted. I don't think they will an issue. I can get documentation if I need to.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MrsBuckHijo

--
    25 Apr 2014 04:48 PM
    Welcome! We live in Portsmouth
    You go Glen Coco.
    Kierstenrc

--
    28 Apr 2014 04:23 PM
    Thank you! I'm hoping Portsmouth is where I get stationed but I'll try anywhere. It might be good for me to get out and go somewhere new. I am going to put Portsmouth down on my dream sheet though if there is an option for specific bases.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement