Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
All Ashore!
Last Post 01 May 2014 06:08 PM by Specs. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Specs

--
30 Apr 2014 06:49 PM

AHOY! PREPARE TO BE BOARDED!

No no no just kidding there..

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is having a great week! Anyways name here is Turner stationed on the CGC FORWARD (WMEC911) over here in Portsmouth, VA. 

I have officially been in the Coast Guard for a year and two months to this day! I have over a year of sea service and I have enjoyed every last little bit of it. The painting, the chipping, the san.... Anyways.. Originally from New Mexico (DON'T ASK HOW I EVEN ENDED UP HERE). I have been interested in all military and armed force branches since I have been in High School. I went to a military high school as I grew up. Yeah I know what your thinking no life guy right here, but wrong! I enjoy photography, hiking, and com's! Speaking of photos if your interested in seeing photos of the underway life especially on a 270' check out the link below and give it a look through. 

https://www.facebook.com/f.stopTA

Well that's pretty much the gist of it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

V/R

Turner 

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Apr 2014 08:05 PM
    Welcome aboard Turner. My son was on the Seneca, he loved 270 life. He is on the Midgett now. Almost 6 years of sea time, 6 years active, living the dream.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Specs

--
    30 Apr 2014 08:36 PM
    Thanks Macie! I appreciate the welcome! Awesome, thank you for raising a fellow Guardian!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    30 Apr 2014 08:48 PM
    Welcome...looking forward to hearing some of your sea stories.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Specs

--
    30 Apr 2014 08:55 PM
    Thanks captkyguy! Such warm welcoming from everyone! I can't wait share my sea sickening stories and the amazing adventures I've had so fare! Thank you again.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    01 May 2014 07:50 AM
    Welcome aboard!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Specs

--
    01 May 2014 10:18 AM
    Thank you chief! Happy to be aboard.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MrsBuckHijo

--
    01 May 2014 11:18 AM
    Welcome! We are in Portsmouth as well Well we live here. My husband is at CAMSLANT.
    You go Glen Coco.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    EvenKeel

--
    01 May 2014 04:54 PM
    Welcome! I can't wait to be in your shoes. Cutter life is what I'm most excited for post basic, though perhaps I'm a fool to think it glamorous.
    "You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going." - Captain Sheldon, White Squall
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    01 May 2014 05:08 PM
    perhaps I'm a fool to think it glamorous.

It's long bouts of boredom punctuated by moments of chaos and fear. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Specs

--
    01 May 2014 06:08 PM
    Thanks MrsBuckHijo! I've been there once so fare to explore the OS rate. Interesting people there!Evenkeel thank you very much. This a statement that you need to take to heart if your stationed on a cutter. "It is what you make it" you make it fun it will be fun. If you make depressing it will be depressing till you get a SAR or tasking! Or your shipmates start some sort of competition. I also agree with gears underway and cutter life is amazing.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement