Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
After maternity leave...
Last Post 06 May 2014 08:55 PM by Bells. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
LauraDK

--
02 May 2014 10:24 AM
    As I've mentioned in passing here or there, I'm expecting and am due to pop any day now.
    Actuall worries about the birthing process and raising a child asside, I'm curious as to how other women in the CG who've given birth managed to bounce back within the 6 month standards? (a year if you're breast feeding)

I've only put on 35-40lbs, which is average, and I'm not too worried that I will actually lose the weight in the time alotted. The issue being is that I'm part of a SAR boat crew (or I was before going on light duty) and I will be expected to do my PT test when i get off maternity leave. Within reason of course.

Question being, what workouts did some of you Mom's do? I know we really shouldnt be doing situps until the doc says we can, and running can be too high impact. Especially if we have stitches. So how did you do it?
    "Zombieland Rule #32- Enjoy the little things."
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    02 May 2014 10:32 AM
    Pilattes!!!! I'm not a mom but I think this would be awesome for you. Very low impact and will tighten everything up and keep everything strong. Once the recovery is over you can go back to other stuff
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    02 May 2014 10:33 AM
    I'll ask my friend too she's a baby nurse she might have some good recommendations
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    02 May 2014 11:06 AM
    Ohh, I didnt even consider pilattes. I'll check out my YMCA and see when its offered. Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MrsBuckHijo

--
    02 May 2014 07:06 PM
    Are you planning to breastfeed/pump? I ask because it burns 500 calories a day and is very helpful in shedding the baby weight! I'm not in the CG but I do have two children; both breastfed (DD2 still is at 2.5). What helped me get back into shape was using My Fitness Pal and getting an elliptical off of Craigslist for a great deal. I stuck that in our bedroom and was able to get on it when my children were sleeping (still do). I had stitches the first time and none the second and recovering really doesn't take long so you should be able to get moving pretty soon after. Best of luck to you!
    You go Glen Coco.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    05 May 2014 07:24 AM
    I am planning on breast feeding, but only for the first 3-4 months since I'll be going to A-school in late Sept. So, breast feeding from 3000 miles away is not an option I'm just hoping I'll be able to keep up with the basic workouts at Petaluma so soon after being on leave.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    06 May 2014 08:55 PM
    Bah Don't worry about it. Just as soon as u can get back into it and you'll be fine
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement