Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Newly Born Coastie Mom
Last Post 02 Sep 2014 06:35 PM by MrsBuckHijo. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DANEYBB

--
07 May 2014 03:44 PM
    My son will swear into DEP May 15 and will ship to boot camp August 4. Since he started the process around the end of January, I've been reading all I can get a hold on-line about USCG boot camp and came across this forum. I've been reading lots of posts here and been thinking on joining...so here I am. We are extremely proud that our son have taken such a commendable desicion to join the Coast Guard, but can't help but being extremely sad that he is leaving home so soon. He will graduate high school May 31. Is hard to believe that my baby boy will be living by himself somewhere away by the end of this very year he is graduating high school.

I've also been reading the Recruits Journals on the Coast Guard Boot Camp Blog. I like a lot following these journals, but it always give teary eyes... I can't imagine how teary eyes I will be when I get to read my son's company journals.

I also follow the Cape May Training center facebook page, I like to see all the photos they post there. Is so emotional to see all they have to go through. and I can't help but feeling so scare that my boy could get hurt and not be able to complete his training, how devasted he would be, I just couldn't imagine. As much as I'm so sad to see him go, I also strongly want him to go and follow his call.

My son is a real genuine patriot, actually both of my sons, are truly genuine patriots, ever since they were little boys, alway wanted to be military people. I have twin sons, my only sons, this one is soon to join the USCG, my other is going to college and AFROTC, with the goal of becoming a Fighter Pilot. I have witness in more than one occasion, tears rolling down my sons eyes at the singing of our national anthem. So I know deep in my heart this is his call and although it hurts to let him go, I will support him all the way.

I want to thank all the people that take the time to respond, help and guide new coasties and more so, new coasties' moms, that like me are dealing with these mix feelings of sadnes and pride.

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    07 May 2014 04:14 PM
    Thanks!
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 May 2014 07:05 PM
    We are proud of your sons as well...May their journeys be grand and fulfilling!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 May 2014 08:54 PM
    Congratulations and welcome. Any questions, just let us know. We'll be happy to help you.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    DANEYBB

--
    02 Jul 2014 02:15 PM
    I have tried looking to find the answers I need through old topics, but couldn't exactly find what I'm looking for.
    So please forgive me if my questions have already been answered previously. I really appreciate the help this forum provides.

My son ship date is August 5th. I've been trying to count companies by shipping dates and it looks to me that he would be Gulf 190, Is this correct?
    Is there any way to know how many recruits will be part of Gulf 190? (if this is the correct company off course)
    It looks to me that the recruits move from hall to hall as they progress in the training. Can someone explain this moving deal and also the order of the halls he will be living in through the 8 weeks?
    I also want to know this to figure out the mailing address. Once I know what Hall is the first he will live in through this forum I could start writing him even before I receive his first letter, right?
    We already bought for him the white socks, white v-neck shirts and the underware. Do we need to somehow write his name or initials on these? How is the laundry done there?

Thanks in advance for the attention and responses.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Jul 2014 02:21 PM
    It could be GOLF (not gulf) 190 but then again it might not be. If there is a week skipped between here and there, that throws it off. If a company is split one week, that throws it off. It is very hard to predict because you don't have the boot camp schedule of weeks absolutely going and weeks that could be split.

There is no way to know how many recruits there will be. Could be 40, could be 100.

Typically they will not move halls. I've never really seen a company move halls, save maybe once or twice if a particularly large company came in behind them and needed the space that was vacated by a previous graduating company. Otherwise they are where they are for the duration.

I have a thread both in FAQ and CG Families that list the exact way to address envelopes and I try to maintain that information as soon as it is released by the CG. This way it will have hall and company as well. You may start writing him the day he leaves. The address I typically have posted within the first couple of days of shipping. I'm at the mercy of the official USCG.MIL site, when they update, I update. There is also a link to that site on my aforementioned threads.

Do not write names in the items. It will all be explained to him when he gets there. They put their laundry in a bag, it is returned. No names needed. Just don't.

Anything else, let us know. That's what we are here for. PS Graduation will be September 26th.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    02 Jul 2014 04:05 PM
    Don't they stay at Saxton hall the first few nights as the process in then move to the hall they will stay in the remainder of the time...pretty sure that's how I recall past recruits explaining it. But you do not mail to that hall it is a temp spot. Your son will quickly learn how the laundry is done and will be doing all his own laundry and even ironing when he. Gets out of boot...you will be so proud of him.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Jul 2014 06:26 PM
    They do stay in Sexton but you'll never see that listed on any place for an address. Exception being if they are in regimental hold, then mail is addressed to that hall. But for companies you will only see Munro, James & son of a gun I can't remember the third. Lol. So even those first few days, out will still be posted as Alfa-190 James Hall. They don't move through the different halls as time progresses. 😃
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    02 Jul 2014 07:09 PM
    Healy Hall. That was my home JUL-AUG 2001.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Jul 2014 08:23 PM
    Geez I couldn't come up with that name for all the tea in China. Thanks Chief.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    06 Jul 2014 07:18 AM
    Welcome, from another CG mom You can be proud of the job you've done raising your kids.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MrsBuckHijo

--
    02 Sep 2014 06:35 PM
    Welcome! Love seeing family members on here
    You go Glen Coco.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement