Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
new coastie gf support
Last Post 19 Jun 2014 01:39 PM by Smiley1027. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Smiley1027

--
29 May 2014 04:51 PM
    My boyfriend has had this life long dream to follow in his father's footsteps and join the Coast Guard. I support him and his decision and am very proud of him. We have dating 7 months now and he just graduated from high school. I will be a senior in the fall. He has MEPS sometime in June. What should I expect? I don't know much about the Coast Guard because every time we talk about it I just think of him leaving and how much I will miss him. As it is we don't see each other much. After MEPS, what's the next step? What can I do here when he's gone? How easily will we be able to talk? Any help is welcomed, I'm not even sure what questions to ask or where to start. I'm new to this but I want to be able to support him as much as possible. Thank you!

Astlust

--
    29 May 2014 09:33 PM
    I wish I could tell you a straight forward anwser but there is none. Processing varies drastically. I had a friend who was processing for two years (granted he needed a waiver approved) but i processed and went through in roughly 6 months. A lot can change in a years span, so just enjoy the time together and see where things are down the line.
    Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better. ~Jim Rohn
    Smiley1027

--
    02 Jun 2014 03:50 PM
    What is the soonest it could take to be processed?
    Astlust

--
    02 Jun 2014 05:37 PM
    I've heard of people getting processed in a month. Granted the amount of people going through their recruiting station was very limited.
    Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better. ~Jim Rohn
    Smiley1027

--
    18 Jun 2014 01:18 PM
    He had basic early/mid September. Any suggestions on how to show how happy I am for him and that I support him completely? I'm really going to miss him but I'm not the best at showing him the happy part. :/
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Jun 2014 02:21 PM
    It's ok to show the not so happy side of it... so long as you don't fling yourself to the ground, grab his ankles and scream "They can't have you!!!" That might be a tad to the extreme. The proud part is wearing a CG t-shirt, smiling through the flood of tears, just simple words are some times the best way to convey how proud you are. You are allowed to be sad about missing him but know that this is just a small drop in the bucket of time.

Look at this thread... Your first post was almost a month ago. Bet it doesn't feel that long ago but that's just about half way through boot camp. It really goes by quickly. Then you will have something else to be proud of, you will have a Coastie. He will be in his uniform and you'll see the pride he has in accomplishing boot camp. Once again, a lot of smiles and tears all at the same time. You know what makes him happy, you'll find a way to show that you are happy for him.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Smiley1027

--
    19 Jun 2014 01:39 PM
    Wow, it has been nearly a month! Thank you so much Old Guard2 for your encouraging words. They are greatly appreciated. No one around here in my town or school really knows what this is like, therefore I don't have anyone to really talk to about this. I've read a lot about making sure to stay busy and to write lots of letters. I feel like the letters part will be easy as we already do that now because we enjoy it. I am not so sure about the staying busy part though. I will have school to focus on and I have signed myself up for 2 dual credit classes. My parents aren't big about letting me out of the house much to do things though. I hope to be able to be in Oral Interp as I have for the past 2 years, but even with focusing on my grades for school and Oral Interp, I have found that I still have a lot of time left on my hands each evening. I just really hope those 2 months will fly by....
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement