Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
TA for SELRES
Last Post 02 Oct 2014 11:29 AM by ClaytonR. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
ClaytonR

--
24 Jun 2014 11:35 PM
    What is the current status of TA for drilling reservists? I can't find the latest info and my ESO is deployed. I am planning on going back to school on January(yes, I am aware it is likely to change with FY15) and am trying to work out how to pay tuition.

Thanks!
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    29 Jun 2014 08:57 PM
    Last I heard, it was restored for E-6 and below, but I can't seem to find the relevant ALCOAST. If your ESO is gone, try one at another base. I can send you the contact info for the one at LA-LB, if you like.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ClaytonR

--
    30 Jun 2014 10:15 AM
    I will check again next DWE, in case it was delegated to someone who was absent last month. Some things didn't get passed.

I do agree, I thought the last I had heard it was restored for E6 and below in a drilling status, with the 75/25 cost-share and only applicable to a first undergrad degree. However the only ALCOAST I can find about it is when it was reinstated for reserves in an active duty status only.

And...it will probably change with the new FY, and I won't be back to school until January, so I'm not quite sure why I'm even looking at it right now.

I'll let you know if I need contact info. Thank you, Chief.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    30 Jun 2014 05:05 PM
    No worries. Good luck!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Arodblade

--
    26 Jul 2014 10:48 AM

Posted By CPORJM on 29 Jun 2014 09:57 PM
    Last I heard, it was restored for E-6 and below, but I can't seem to find the relevant ALCOAST. If your ESO is gone, try one at another base. I can send you the contact info for the one at LA-LB, if you like.

Really?! Can you (or anyone here) tell me if this is accurate? I don't want to get my hopes up too high...

I'm a reservist in drilling status, and I'm looking at the page on uscg.mil under Tuition Assistance and it still says (and I quote) "Per ALCOAST 175/13, "TA is not available for Reservists in a drilling status. TA is available for Reservists on long-term ADOS or EAD that meet the rest of the criteria."

But if anyone has any up to date info on TA for reservists in drilling status such as myself and the OP, please share!

"I Hated every minute of training but I said don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" ---Muhammad Ali
    12michaelh

--
    30 Jul 2014 08:40 PM
    Im sorry to say, but there is not currently TA for reservists that are not on orders over 90 days, and it is correct that it is currently only paid 75% of tuition cost. I have heard a rumor(and it could be just that) that FY15, TA will be paid 100%, still only for TAD and active duty though. But something that is worth looking into is the reserve gibill, which you are eligible for upon completion of basic training and your A school. Reserve gibill pays somewhere around 350 for going to school, or OJT full time. I was going to start using it, but got orders to go on TAD.Hope I helped!

Now if anyone happens to know, I was wondering if I can exhaust my reserve gibill going to community college, and use my post 9/11 when I get an apprenticeship?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    01 Aug 2014 11:13 AM
    For post 9/11 you'll only get allotted money for the amount of active duty time you've completed. They chart is on the VA website
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ClaytonR

--
    02 Oct 2014 11:29 AM
    Latest ALCOAST(404/14) about TA came out, only for active duty and reservists on long-term 180+ days.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement