Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello!
Last Post 23 Dec 2014 06:22 AM by stealthtt24. 46 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
07 Aug 2014 05:24 PM
Went to MEPS today, was a breeze. I feel like I set a record, in the door at 0545, out of there by 1000! Talked to the cg liaison for a few minutes but other than that I was in and out. Didn't even eat lunch. Emailed my recruiter to let him know I finished up. I assume the next step in the process is the age waiver submission.
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
07 Aug 2014 06:35 PM
Awesome...hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly.
I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
10 Aug 2014 09:01 PM
Ok guys I am searching and reading about moving. There a gazillion (yes I counted hehe) threads about it so I would rather just post it in here.

I see I can have the cg hire movers to move stuff. That's great, and I can even leave some stuff behind as I own a home. Question though, if I'm in a cutter, what happens to the stuff that moves around with me?
Trusted Member
Gears

--
10 Aug 2014 10:14 PM
It stays in your apartment once you have one.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
10 Aug 2014 10:55 PM
Got it thank you. So if assigned to a cutter you get government apt/house or BAH to find one yourself?
Trusted Member
Gears

--
11 Aug 2014 05:08 AM
Depends on the location, availability, and a couple other factors generally, yes. Sometimes, no.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
01 Sep 2014 08:28 AM
General question about waivers. How long do you think it takes to put together an age waiver? It's been almost a month and I am still waiting on my recruiter to tell me to come in and sign it. I got hired on at my local sheriffs office which is a huge upgrade from where I've been working. I really want to get the ball rolling on the waiver as I heard it takes time. I also have a ton of questions for my recruiter. I don't want to keep bugging him though.
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
07 Oct 2014 05:21 PM
Well things are still chugging along. My recruiter got back from some extended time off last week and my waiver is going to be submitted to the regional leader tomorrow. I got a job I've sought after for the past two years so these past few weeks I've been going back and forth about taking the cg if it comes up.

It's been a long thought process and I've talked to a few coasties as well. I do love to travel and t my ultimate goal was to retire wherever I end up. It's a little scary knowing I have a great career ahead of me and I can see my path right in front of me if I stay with the Sheriff position I got.

If I go to the cg, I will want to LE for sure. I know it'll take years to get in there but the opportunities are huge imo. I love to travel but am pretty nervous about trying to start and raise a family and the moving around. It's a lot to think but I trust my judgement and that watermelon atop of my neck. Everything happens for a reason! Sorry for the rant and I'll update this when I get some more news.
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
16 Oct 2014 06:45 AM
Trust in your judgement and you will make a sound decision...
I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
28 Oct 2014 10:11 AM
Age waiver is being submitted and they said I should know in about 10 days. Fingers crossed!
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
28 Oct 2014 12:59 PM
Fingers and toes crossed...
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
14 Nov 2014 10:27 AM
Waiver has been accepted. Thanks to all for help and advice.
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
14 Nov 2014 04:22 PM
That is totally AWESOME! Congrats...may your life changing journey be full of great life experiences and fulfillment.
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
21 Dec 2014 08:23 PM
It's happening! DEPed this past week and got my boot camp date.
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
21 Dec 2014 09:37 PM
Excellent! Enjoy your journey.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Bleem

--
22 Dec 2014 11:16 PM
Posted By stealthtt24 on 21 Dec 2014 09:23 PM
It's happening! DEPed this past week and got my boot camp date.

Congrats!  I DEPed last week too.  What's your boot camp date?
USCG STA New York, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
stealthtt24

--
23 Dec 2014 06:22 AM
April 7th but it could change for me. What about yours?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement