Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Last Post 06 Mar 2015 11:29 AM by omgitsgela. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
auxzneu

--
13 Jul 2014 06:36 PM
    Been waiting for AP status to turn into bq I applied in begiging of April this year and now July and still waiting no ID card and ap status . was wondering if there's still a hold up.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    14 Jul 2014 06:03 AM
    Yes, there is a holdup. Things move slow when it comes to background checks. There are only so many people, and the money's not there to add staff. I have an applicant who's been waiting somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 days. Once your app is processed, then the ID card will go into the pipeline - and they're backed up. Just hang tight it'll get done.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    botsman

--
    15 Jul 2014 07:23 PM
    Hi, it seems to be taking 5 months lately. At least in the District 1 area lately. 

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    17 Jul 2014 06:37 AM
    I've spoken to a couple of other HR officers in 9W, same here. Seems to be the same everywhere. I'm kind of curious to know if the folks doing our backgrounds are the same who do the Gold Side. If that's the case, it makes more sense. They do take priority, and rightly so.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    18 Jul 2014 08:09 AM
    9E, my son has been waiting a year and a half. He has been augmenting a lot, and this has been a headache. He is looking into enlistment, and could be active duty before he gets his Aux ID.
    willekg

--
    23 Jul 2014 10:29 PM
    d11, from my understanding that moment in time the government shut down caused a huge backup and delay, causing the process to take approx. 6 months on average. a candidate in my local flotilla is at 4 months and still nothing.
    FlyingSavior

--
    04 Sep 2014 04:42 PM
    D8 here. Paperwork submitted to FSO-IS/FSO-HR, AP, BQ, #, and ID Card all under 30 days. Quite a record setting timeline. 
    drummrlarrys

--
    11 Oct 2014 06:26 PM
    I'm on standby to become CREW. Regs say no crew testing till AP status is changed to BQ. Now the end of our patrol season is here and will have to wait till spring to get qualification.
    Waiting since early April.
    Not very happy
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    13 Oct 2014 05:51 AM
    Auxiliarists in AP status may be qualified by the Director or
    appropriate qualifying authority in any program except as Coxswain
    and Personal Watercraft Operator (PWO) in the boat crew program, as
    any of the aviation program competencies (i.e., Aircraft Commander,
    First Pilot, Co-Pilot, Air Crewman, Air Observer), and as a Fingerprint
    Technician. Pursuant to qualification, Auxiliarists in AP status may
    engage and participate in Auxiliary programs with the following
    qualifiers:

That's from the Aux manual. If someone stopped you from qualifying, I can get you the reference. If you have an ID # you should be able to qualify as crew.
    afantom

--
    20 Oct 2014 07:20 AM
    I become a new member (AP) back in March, and I am still waiting for my ID card.  I know how you feel!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    18 Nov 2014 11:45 AM
    It does indeed often take a while, often 6 months or so but it really should NOT take over a year. Make a point of sending a letter to your Flotilla Commander once every 60 days to be forwarded up to the local district DirAux inquiring on the status. Without that card you are being left out of some of the benefits of Aux. membership like shopping at the Exchange store (which you need for uniforms) and going on to base for training (which you might need in order to get qualified for something important). You can indeed find other resources for purchasing uniforms and getting most training but the point is, you need that card and DirAux is the authoritative channel for inquires and action (by way of your FC).
    afantom

--
    05 Jan 2015 08:20 AM
    Auxzneu,
       My FC contacted me recently and stated that my status from changed from AP to BQ.  It took about 9 months for the process to complete itself.  
    omgitsgela

--
    06 Mar 2015 11:29 AM
    I hear you on your frustrations. I'm going on 8 months since I joined up. Just remember, there's plenty of ways to be involved while you're in clearance/ID card limbo. You can be in the flotilla leadership with authorization from above, and you can start to work on the trainings. Mandatory, ICS, and AuxOP-type course are all achievable while in AP. You can even START a PQS with a billet you're looking to assist with, however you can't actually get it signed off and added to the database until you've gotten the operational clearance out of the way. By being AP, you have an EMPLID, and can call up the UDC and order uniform supplies from there. The only thing I've found that it affects is when training is on station, you're responsible for reminding the person organizing the training that they need to add you to the access list if you're on a full station. You also might have some troubles if you need to change ODU insignia tapes. My local station has a tailor which does it professionally and sharp looking, and I'd rather not try to botch the job myself, so I haven't been able to get the correct insignia for me yet. Patience!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement