Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Recruiting augmentation
Last Post 24 Nov 2014 06:41 PM by scoutdad25619. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved
cowboyaux

--
03 Aug 2014 11:56 PM
    Hi there. I don't live anywhere near a station, but I'd like to help active duty personnel in any way I can. The nearest CG posting is a recruiting office in a neighboring state. Has anyone here ever augmented a recruiting office? I'm thinking perhaps I could represent CG at academic career fairs, public events, fairs, sporting events, or similar activities, then pass potential recruits to the active duty office. Are there any current or former recruiters who can give me perspective on what their needs are and if what I'm suggesting could be useful?

Thanks.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    13 Aug 2014 09:32 AM
    As an Aux. you can indeed qualify as a recruiter but this is not a trivial qualification and has to be approved at several levels. You can however promote Coast Guard even as a run-of-the-mill Aux. You can also certify as a Coast Guard Academy Partner (I'm one) and do official recruiting duties under that umbrella (if they have an open slot and if you pass the qualifications).

If there is a need for that kind of support to the active duty in your area and you're already an Aux. then ask your Flotilla Commander to make an inquiry at the Division level to see if there has been any requests for help with recruiting. Even if there hasn't been any requests for help, you can ask your FC to forward a letter up the chain to the DirAux for your area and offer yourself.

Also, look into the manuals for qualifications for recruiting. It can only help for you to become more informed.
    RD6119

--
    15 Aug 2014 08:48 PM
    I stand watch at a recruiting office 2-3 days a week. I sit up front, greet walk in's, make application packets, clean the quarterdeck, answer the phone and general office admin. There are a lot of requirements that are involved for a AUX to earn the recruiter pqs, well beyond the district level all the way to CGRC. We do not usually do recruiting events but thats just where I am at, I have a friend that goes out with his office all the time.

Hope I helped.
    cowboyaux

--
    17 Nov 2014 08:33 PM
    • Accepted Answer
    Hey there...quick update from me on this one. The recruiting office told me PQS was basically impossible because of the distance but they are very open to having me generate leads here locally. I went down and got some brief training and they gave me some recruiting materials and basic directions. Basically like VicNaz said, I am representing the CG as an Auxie but informally assisting their office.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    18 Nov 2014 11:40 AM
    I'm glad you were able to find a niche. Good work, keep it up. There is more ways to assist the CG if you look hard and read a lot.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    21 Nov 2014 01:10 PM
    Vic,
    I was kicking around doing Academy Admissions Partner. What's involved in the qual? The CGA website doesn't say much.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    VicNaz1

--
    24 Nov 2014 01:39 PM
    For Academy Partners stuff check out http://www.uscga.edu/partners.aspx?id=3061 and see what you find. The rules and requirements change from time to time and they have to have a need for you. Once in, you'll be expected to contribute and it's not trivial. This is technically direct augmentation to the active duty and you will have to toe the line just like any active duty personnel. You don't have to run the 1.5 mile run or do the push ups or sit ups but you do have to know the information backwards and forwards, keep your uniform (several of them) in top condition and be prepared to interview candidates, speak in public, deliver awards, write reports, travel and maybe even meet with congressmen or other such persons. Basically, you'll be acting in the stead of an active duty person who would otherwise do those things. You'll have to learn how to file an Aux. 7030 form due to the operational nature of the duty and you'll have to keep good records of what you're doing. When you're assigned to duty you won't usually get written orders so you won't usually get reimbursed for expenses but it's tax deductible as if you were an employee so make note of costs and mileage. You'll be filling out a 1040 long form at Tax time.

Its extremely rewarding however. I've interviewed some of the finest young people I shall ever meet and been able to hear them tell me their aspirations and share with them some advise and knowledge. They give me hope that no matter how bad the fools in Washington mess things up there will be competent, young officers in the Coast Guard to help keep the ships afloat and keep our nation safe.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    24 Nov 2014 06:41 PM
    Like everything else its a no BS qual. I wouldn't expect any less. Definitely nothing to be taken lightly. While I didn't plan on immediately diving into it, I definitely need my calendar clearer than it is to give this the time it deserves. Thanks for your insight.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement