Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coastie GF in need of support
Last Post 25 Sep 2015 10:51 AM by oliviadaiutolo. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Candicemarie

--
18 Aug 2014 10:47 PM
    Hi everyone. My name's Candice. Today I dropped off my boyfriend, Nate, for bootcamp. He officially starts tomorrow. I'm trying to keep myself together. 8 weeks (he likes to tell me that it's technically 7 weeks and 4 days to make me feel better and himself) seems so long and it's going to be difficult. I'm sure it'll be a lot worse for him, but I still can't help but feel bad. We've been living together for 2 months and it's going to be weird doing everything by myself again... 

I guess I'm just posting here because I know there are other Coastie GFs here and it kind of makes me feel better knowing this and writing here. Well, nice to meet everyone!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Aug 2014 07:09 AM
    OK, I'll let you have a couple of days of adjustment and pity party and then that's it. Get out there and do some stuff. Don't sit at home and look at his side of the couch and wish he were there. It will only make the time seem unbearably long. You say you've been living together for 2 months... well that's 8 weeks. I'll bet in a lot of ways it feels like he just moved in a few days ago. So it really does go by quickly. There is a saying... The days will drag by but the weeks will fly. Write him, get a hobby, go out with friends. Give yourself a few days to get used to a new normal but time alone is going to be the new normal. Even after he is done with boot. If he is on a ship, he could be gone for months at a time. Then you have to deal with this again and again, so do your best to figure out a way to adjust and you'll be just fine. Give yourself a couple of days and then pull yourself up by your boot straps, it really does get easier.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Candicemarie

--
    20 Aug 2014 10:57 AM
    Thank you! You definitely helped. It's the third day and I'm already feeling a bit better by keeping myself occupied, thanks to my friends and family. It's hard, but I realized it's harder when I'm always thinking about the things we did together. Getting used to being alone for some time is a feeling I haven't been used to in a while. I'm actually surprised at myself for feeling slightly better already. I'm really hoping he's doing alright. I know it's harder for him than me.

Anyways, thank you again, Old Guard!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MrsBuckHijo

--
    02 Sep 2014 07:36 PM
    How are you holding up?
    You go Glen Coco.
    Candicemarie

--
    07 Oct 2014 01:18 PM
    Just saw this! I'm doing way better now, but that's probably because he graduates this Friday. Haha.

After the first few weeks, I got back into the norm of doing things alone. Some times were difficult, some were easy. I always kept myself busy, so that helped tremendously. The next step is now figuring out the future! Lol.
    oliviadaiutolo

--
    25 Sep 2015 10:51 AM
    I have been living with my boyfriend for 2 months & he plans to go to a-school in November so I know how you feel! I am just going to try & keep busy, keep thinking about after bootcamp or a-school or whatever. Focus on how good it will feel afterwards & try to take each day as it comes.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement