Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Marriage Information After Boot Camp Graduation / Travel information
Last Post 05 Sep 2014 06:28 PM by mkelly. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jalmandres

--
30 Aug 2014 09:55 PM
    Hello all. My boyfriend will be graduating on Friday, September 12th. He will be taking his leave up until Thursday, September 18th, which will be the day we both fly out. We are considering getting married during the time he'll be on leave. We're both from Guam and not too familiar with how things operate in NJ. Also, this is all pretty last minute. He said he'll be getting more information from his CC as to how to go about doing all of this. However, I would like to do some research on my end as well. Is it possible to get married in Cape May or at the USCG base in Cape May after graduation, during his leave? If so, what are the requirements? Does anyone have any information on this subject? Has anyone experienced this situation first hand?

Also, I don't think I'll be able to rent a car as I am only 20 years old. I'll be in Cape May the day before graduation. My hotel is about a mile away from base, and I'm wanting to see what my options are in the event that I'm car-less, (worst case scenario will be either walking or riding a bike into base). If I take a taxi, will it only be able to drop me off at the front gate? And if so, will I have to walk my way in from there, or are shuttles provided on the day of graduation? Is there a bus that I can take that goes into base?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    30 Aug 2014 09:58 PM
    The only thing I can say is the taxi will drop you off at the gate. But you can definitely walk to where you need to go. We walk to the gate for offbase liberty and that's farther than you have to go.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Aug 2014 06:34 PM
    NJ you need a blood test and a 3 day waiting period to get married. So you probably won't be getting married in Cape May. Join the Facebook page for his company. Maybe you'll find someone to ride with to and from base.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    jalmandres

--
    03 Sep 2014 11:40 PM
    I did some more research, and have more information on this subject that I will share for future reference.

Contact Person for Cape May City
    Patricia Harbora - Deputy City Clerk
    Phone Number: (609) 884-9530
    Fax : (609) 884-8589
    pharbora@capemaycity.com

Where should you apply for a marriage or civil union license?
    The marriage or civil union license must be obtained from the registrar in the New Jersey municipality in which either applicant resides, if one or both is resident of New Jersey. (For these purposes, soldiers are residents of the posts at which they are stationed.) A license issued under the preceding circumstances is good for use anywhere in the State of New Jersey.
    If both parties are not residents of New Jersey, the license must be obtained from the Registrar of the municipality where the ceremony is to be performed and is only good for use in that municipality.

When should you apply for a marriage or civil union license?
    A local Registrar will not issue a marriage or civil union license sooner than 72 hours after the application for a license has been made, unless ordered to do so via a Superior Court order. If the ceremony is scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday, the application should be made no later than the preceding Tuesday. If the application is made on a Wednesday or Thursday, the 72 hours will end on Saturday or Sunday, but the Registrar will probably not be available on those
    days or any public holiday. If both parties are unavailable to complete the application at the same time, either applicant may complete his/her part of the application and start the waiting period. The other applicant must return with the same witness (who must be at least 18 years old) to complete his/her part of the application.
    The application must be completed by both parties before the license will be issued. The application is valid for six months from the date filed.

What should you bring with you when you apply?
    Required documents when applying for a marriage license: 1. Proof of identify by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal ID. 2. Proof of your residency. 3. Your social security card or social security number.* 4. A witness, 18 years of age or older. 5. The $28 application fee.

*Social security number is required by law for U.S. citizens and will be kept confidential.
    Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Requested additional documents (these documents are helpful but not required):
    1. A copy of your birth certificate to establish your parents’ names and related birth information.
    2. If you are divorced, have had a previous civil union dissolved, domestic partnership terminated or have had a marriage or a civil union annulled, please bring the decree(s) or the annulment documents.
    3. If your former spouse/civil union or domestic partner is deceased, please bring the death certificate.

Each applicant must supply valid identification that establishes name, age, date of birth and proof of residency. This may be supplied by one or more documents issued by a government agency, such as a certified copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, military identification, passport or state/county identification card.

Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    05 Sep 2014 06:28 PM
    Whats the rush to get married in those 5 days? If you plan to spend the rest of your life together, waiting a month or two until he is settled in at his first unit might be a better option. There will be a lot of changes going on and adding one more might make things more stressful. At my fist unit, 4 people got married on their way from boot camp to their new unit. All 4 of them were under 21 and divorced within a year. Thats not saying that will happen to you, I'm just saying its okay to take a breather and see where he will be going, how long things take to settle in and what things will be like.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement