Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
CG Base Access in AP status
Last Post 15 Nov 2014 09:52 PM by cowboyaux. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cowboyaux

--
30 Oct 2014 06:19 PM
    Hi all. I'm a new member working on getting all my uniforms squared away. I've been able to get a lot from the UDC, AUXCEN, and a bit from the used uniform exchange, but apparently I'm a giant and the UDC doesn't carry my size pants. I'm also very much inland and don't have access to a base nearby. I'll be traveling to CA (near Alameda) for business in the near future and was hoping I may be able to swing by and purchase what I need in person...it always helps to try things on, right? The problem is I don't have an ID card yet and I can't find the reference to base access in AUXMAN anymore. Is it possible to gain access to a CG base without an ID and in AP status?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    31 Oct 2014 05:43 AM
    I don't think so. I big base with a gate isn't probably going to let you in without an ID. If you had someone else with an ID to take you on with them then you can, because then they are your sponsor.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    cowboyaux

--
    31 Oct 2014 04:50 PM
    I may have found the answer in AUXMAN.

"Auxiliarists in AP status are authorized to obtain and wear the Auxiliary uniform with proper devices and insignia of the current or highest past office held to the extent that applicable policies allow. Auxiliarists in AP status are authorized to use DoD exchanges only when purchasing articles and accessories of the uniform. Since Auxiliarists in AP status will not have ID cards, they will not be able to make purchases at point-of-sale venues like DoD uniform shops. Auxiliarists in AP status are authorized to shop in Coast Guard exchanges with the same authorization as Auxiliarists in other-than AP status. In order to use this privilege, Auxiliarists in AP status must present a copy of the memo on Coast Guard letterhead from the Director notifying them of their AP status, along with a government-issued photo identification card (e.g., current valid State-issued Driver's license)."

Of course, that doesn't address getting onto the base. The other difficulty is now that I've never received a letter from Diraux about my membership status....
    Shark

--
    13 Nov 2014 03:34 AM
    I am a new member and my question is even though I don't have an Aux ID will I be able to enter a CG base and purchase uniforms with my retired military ID?
    Shark

--
    13 Nov 2014 03:34 AM
    I am a new member and my question is even though I don't have an Aux ID will I be able to enter a CG base and purchase uniforms with my retired military ID?
    Shark

--
    13 Nov 2014 03:36 AM
    Sorry didn't mean to post twice
    cowboyaux

--
    15 Nov 2014 09:52 PM
    I imagine if you have a DOD common access card as a retiree you shouldn't have any issues.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement