Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Moms in Need auction
Last Post 06 Nov 2014 09:34 AM by Old Guard2. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
06 Nov 2014 07:05 AM
    Imagine being in boot camp, you are graduating in a couple of weeks. The excitement is terrific, you've made it through one of the hardest things you've been challenged with so far in your life. Then you think of your mom, how much you want your mom to be there. But you know how tight things are at home, she just won't be able to be there. As much as it hurts you, it is breaking her heart, too. Well here's how we can all help!! Go on over to Facebook, just about everyone has an account and log onto the Moms in Need Auction!! Some amazing items, over 200, for your Coast Guard browsing pleasure! Start your Christmas shopping by helping a mom. https://www.facebook.com/groups/734242109986027/
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Nov 2014 07:08 AM
    A little about Moms in Need. It is a nonprofit group started by a couple of moms to help another mom get to graduation. Every single penny raised or donated to Moms in Need goes solely to purchase airline tickets and hotel stays for moms that otherwise would have missed their Coasties boot camp graduation. To date, I believe, 20 moms have been sent to graduation. Nothing is as special as having your mom there. So check out the auction, you can buy for yourself, your Coastie or someone else. There are also homemade goodies and you can have those sent directly to your Coastie if you like! Auction starts Saturday morning and ends Sunday night. Let's help send moms to Cape May!!!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    snaquin05

--
    06 Nov 2014 08:00 AM
    Do they take up items every month for the auction, or how does that work. If my kid ends up coming home tomorrow, I have a box of Coast Guard jewelry, sweatshirts, long sleeve t's, magnets, etc that have not been used. I just got them in the mail this week. I would love for them to be put to good use and that sounds like a great cause.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Nov 2014 08:53 AM
    The auction is once a year. So this is it! But I can put you in touch with someone that would put that to good use to sell it for the cause. She is on here and one of the best ladies I know. Her screen name here is KD. I'll have her get with you...

But please don't give up your stuff just yet! Let's hope if she does come home she goes back in 6 months and nails it!! Even better, let's hope she doesn't come home! Not just yet anyway. Just don't be too hasty to get rid of anything, you never know what plans are in store.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    06 Nov 2014 09:13 AM
    We have sent nearly 40 CG Moms to graduation so far! Some only need a tank of gas, some have needed airline tickets from Puerto Rico or farther. As OG2 says, don't give up yet.
    But please do check out what we do! Here's a link to the fund's regular FB page, too; on the 'about' button, there's a link to our website.
    https://www.facebook.com/ourmominneed
    snaquin05

--
    06 Nov 2014 09:25 AM
    It does sound like a wonderful program. I am not going to turn loose of it just yet, but if I do end up doing so, I will definitely donate it to this program for next year. Thank you so much.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Nov 2014 09:34 AM
    Wow, KD, is it really 40 moms!!!! Holy cow, I had no idea it was that many at this point. Like I said, these moms truly care for one another and help each other. They also share a lot of laughs and a lot of tears.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement