Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
AUXOP without ID Number
Last Post 19 Jan 2015 07:36 PM by fltech. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fltech

--
12 Jan 2015 10:36 AM
    My Flotilla is beginning AUXOP classes this week, in which I decided to attend. My paperwork was submitted around 10DEC2014 and with holidays there is going to be an obvious delay. Will not having my Member ID affect my training for AUXOP or can the classes be put in at a later date? I really want to help the Flotilla achieve it AUXOP goal for this year. Also, I want to be AUXOP ASAP.

Jake
    cowboyaux

--
    12 Jan 2015 10:43 PM
    You have to have at least completed all the requirements for BQ before you can earn the AuxOp designation, but this won't prevent you from participating in the training. BQ status requires a favorable PSI and completion of a NASBLA approved course as listed in AuxMan. I imagine that even if you completed all the requirements for AX status but still hadn't received a favorable PSI the flotilla couldn't count you in their goal, but it is of course noteworthy and commendable to have completed the training and will easily transfer once you have the PSI complete.

I'm relatively new too though so I could be wrong (submitted my paperwork in July 2014 and still haven't had it processed, though I do have a member number)...anyone with more experience want to weigh in?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    13 Jan 2015 07:23 AM
    Cowboy, you're dead on. Regardless of your status, participation in training is encouraged. Also (again, like you said), you need to be BQ before gaining any qualifications. So make sure that boating safety class is taken care of.

Once you get your ID you can challenge the AUXOP tests. Pay attention and study. If you retain the knowledge, you're good to go.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    fltech

--
    19 Jan 2015 08:50 AM
    The NASBLA Approved Boating Safety Course was completed before my paperwork was sent in. I'm hoping to have a Member Number within the next six weeks as AUXCOM wraps up. I'm doing the training anyway because I have a clean record, a good DD-214, and decent credit.

I know that Christmas, New Years, as well as today are delays due to Holidays and there are more back ups due to issues at the Gold Side District level. Can AUXCOM be put in at a later date if my BQ doesn't come in right away?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    scoutdad25619

--
    19 Jan 2015 10:44 AM
    If you take the tests on-line, you'll need an ID. So you'll get credit for all your work via the computer. How it's supposed to work is once you get your BQ (and you should - I assume you sent your NASBLA paperwork in with your app packet) any quals you're "provisional" for, meaning you've met the requirements, just awaiting a favorable PSI and BQ status, all of those qualifications become active/valid. So.... As long as you have all of the AUXOP stuff done, you should be good.
    DUTY IS DOING IT, PRIDE IS WEARING IT, TRADITION IS LIVING IT. “DUTY FIRST” – CHIEF EDMUND ENWRIGHT, CHICAGO F.D. (RETIRED)
    fltech

--
    19 Jan 2015 02:04 PM
    The NASBLA paperwork was sent in with the App Packet. Also, they haven't checked in a few days so it may of come in. I'm guessing it's good that AUXCOM just started?
    fltech

--
    19 Jan 2015 07:36 PM
    UPDATE: My MEMID has arrived, we're good to go
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement