Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello Everyone
Last Post 21 Jan 2015 08:56 AM by smbenn02. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
bdgreen

--
20 Jan 2015 11:30 AM
    Hello,
       My Name is Blaine Im 24 years old and am currently a Seaman Apprentice in the USCG. I graduated Cape May on 24NOV14 so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. Thanks to everyone for posting such great information on this page it really helps everyone out tremendously!
    smbenn02

--
    20 Jan 2015 12:59 PM
    Congratulations! I ship on March 17 and I couldn't be more excited! I'm in very good shape and have even lost 10 more pounds that I didn't even know I had to spare lol. But my only question is how stressful was the swim portion? I'm a good swimmer, not great but good, I feel that's the only thing that I will struggle with. Any advice would be awesome! Again, congrats and I can't wait to be in your shoes soon enough.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    20 Jan 2015 01:37 PM
    Congrats and welcome. I also ship out soon, April 7th. Where did you get stationed and how did the process of selection work?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Jan 2015 08:32 PM
    Welcome aboard bdgreen. Feel free to help like everyone else. Always good to have another shipmate.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    20 Jan 2015 10:14 PM
    Congrats...glad to have you posting and helping. Enjoy your CG journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    bdgreen

--
    21 Jan 2015 06:50 AM
    The swim portion of the test is easy. you have 3 optional swims the freestyle, side stroke or the breast stroke. Also the whole time you are in basic training you will be doing swimming evolutions(exercises) so when the time comes to take the test it should be one of the easier tasks you complete! I will say if your not swimming now though you should atleast give it a try. I was running alot when I left for basic but swimming is alot more cardio than you would think... like all things at boot camp, the object is not for you to fail, so the instructors definately help you if your in need! GOOD LUCK!
    bdgreen

--
    21 Jan 2015 06:57 AM

Also Im stationed at the Coast Guard Institute in Oklahoma City, OK. The selection process it pretty grimm, you will get to list 4 districts in the order that you choose and than there is a comment box but there is limited room so use your words wisely. Everyone says expect a cutter but thats not true these days. Just be happy with what you get and know that its only temporary!

smbenn02

--
    21 Jan 2015 07:40 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I've been doing some swimming so I think I'll be pretty good. Just wanted some comfort and not overthink the whole scenario. What do you think was the most difficult part overall? And as a female is there anything specific that I should try to prepare extra for? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super excited lol and I want to be the best
    bdgreen

--
    21 Jan 2015 08:26 AM

The most difficult part was probly having the opportunity to make decisions taken away from me. Being a female I would say learn how to gel your hair properly in advance!

smbenn02

--
    21 Jan 2015 08:56 AM
    Got it! I have dreads so I'm gonna have to decide for a full on cut or some serious braids to hold it all in place! Thanks for everything! Any other info you can think of it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you thank you! Good luck in the fleet, enjoy it! Hope to see you out there soon!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement