Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Workout Plan
Last Post 23 Jan 2015 07:51 AM by aztecmatt. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FutureHero

--
21 Jan 2015 05:32 PM
    Hello guys, i hope all of you are doing well. I started taking my physical training more serious , and developed a little routine for myself. I do 4 sets of 25 pushups a day (an extra 40 before going to bed), 3 sets of 30 crunches , 3 sets of 25 swimmers and I run a 1.5 miles every other day. I'm planning on getting a membership at the YMCA close to my house , with this I can start swimming and lifting some weights. Am I missing anything ? What would you recommend? 

Thank you and best regards to all. 
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    21 Jan 2015 05:36 PM
    FutureHero

--
    21 Jan 2015 05:55 PM
    Whoaa thank you sir. That workout program looks awesome. I'llreview it and start it off next week.
    COBrien

--
    21 Jan 2015 08:52 PM
    I would suggest running more than just 1.5 miles. This may be the run for the PT test, but they will be having us probably run at least 3 miles a few times a week I'm sure. Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work! That link has some good workouts.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    21 Jan 2015 09:59 PM
    The program that was shared by Chief is a good one...

I would bump your pushups and situps up by 1000 to 3000. Do not limit each set to just 25 pushup and 30 crunchs and just 4 sets (plus one before bed), that is only 140 pushups and 120 cruches a day. You should be hitting the deck as often as possible throughout the day doing as many as you can each and every set. Also change your crunchs to sit-ups; knees bent, hands loosly behind head, elbows touch knees, shoulder blades touch ground.

You should be shooting for 1000 to 3000 push-ups and sit-ups (not crunches) /flutter kicks a day...seriously!

Hit the deck in the morning and bust out as many push-ups that you can do, roll over onto your back and bust out as many sit-ups that you can do, rest a minute and repeat the process but now do flutter kicks instead of sit-ups. After breakfast, repeat, during your next break repeat, at lunch repeat, after lunch repeat, next break repeat, when you get home repeat, before dinner repeat, after dinner repeat, before watching TV repeat, during commercials repeat, before going to bed repeat, and/or any other free time moment you may have during the day repeat. In just a few short days, you will be improving and busting out 75 to 100 or more pushups at a time...you will easily be able to knock 1000 out. 1000 push-ups a day...that is only 62.5 push-ups an hour during a 16 hour day, allowing you 8 hours to sleep. 3000 push-ups a day is only 187.5 pushups an hour during a 16 hour day. So hit the deck and do as many good proper ones that you can, then continue with as many improper ones you can, then drop to your knees and continue with as many of those you can...then roll onto your back and do as many sit-ups that you can, then back for push-ups, then back for flutter kicks, then finish with holding the plank position for as long as you can. Rest for 30 minutes to an hour or maybe a little longer if needed while you do your normal daily stuff and then hit the deck again and repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat this all day long. Take a hot shower and stretch out the muscles, get a good night sleep and wake up ready to hit the deck and bust out even more push-ups...When you start learning the 11 General orders shout them out while you are doing the push-ups and sit-ups...loud and proud!

If you can do this just think how easy 50 GOOD ONES will be during boot camp whenever the CC calls for them.

Enjoy!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    FutureHero

--
    22 Jan 2015 10:48 PM
    Thank you Cptvguy. Always with the great answers , i will follow your advice , I'll do as many as I can throughout the day.
    joseywalez

--
    23 Jan 2015 05:32 AM
    Don't forget your squats... You really don't need to do that many push ups, you already do them everyday in bootcamp. For the initial PT test you only need to do 29 in a minute and then basically every other time your pushing to failure and then doing squats and flutterkicks. Skip the crunches and do planking. They did a test that those who did longated core workouts (planks, flutters, v-ups) compared to just crunches and situps and the first group were able to do more situps in the end of the test. if you do any of those- squats, pushups, flutters, don't focus on a number, go till you burn out. Swimming also wasn't hard (but still work on it), trust me I am not a swimmer and afte ryou pass the initial swim test the rest is just cardio/endurance swims. The only hard part about bootcamp was remember all the rules, orders, and who the OOD/ personnel of the base are for that day. If you need any physical fitness advice though you can message me... I'm the Unit Helath Promotion Coordinator for my unit and a fitness advocate (I compete in CrossFit events and did personal training).
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    23 Jan 2015 07:51 AM
    I've been doing the boot camp blog workout the chief linked, it's been really good for me. I was doing something similar to you, but this really woke my body up to different workouts (squat & press, plank pushups, etc) that we will be facing in BC, and I'm glad I'm training them now.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement