Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Meps made a mistake ?
Last Post 29 Jan 2015 01:17 PM by FutureHero. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FutureHero

--
28 Jan 2015 01:05 PM
    Hey guys. So after teo long weeks of wait i gfinally got my ASVAB scores back. I was really shocked when I saw that i had an AFQT of 4???!!! To be honest I think this is ridiculous. I did notice on my Asvab summary sheet a different form number than the one I used on the test. I really don't know what to do. I was very confident and sure of what I was doing at the time I took it. It was a great disappointment to see that 4. Anything i can do ?
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    28 Jan 2015 03:03 PM
    It is definitely possible.  The AFQT score is just a percentile after all. I've seen people get single digits and teens. First step should be to check with your recruiter, there isn't much else you can do.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    28 Jan 2015 05:28 PM
    It is definitely possible.

I saw a 6 once.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    FutureHero

--
    28 Jan 2015 05:36 PM
    Already emailed him. Waiting for his response.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    28 Jan 2015 06:45 PM
    My friend got low teens years ago. He's dyslexic and not the smartest guy around.
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    28 Jan 2015 06:50 PM
    Posted By FutureHero on 28 Jan 2015 06:36 PM
    Already emailed him. Waiting for his response.

Maybe your recruiter will allow you to retest, though they aren't obligated to do so.  You will have to wait 30 days to take it again.
    FutureHero

--
    28 Jan 2015 09:14 PM
    @steath I may not be the smartest guy , but I'm not dumb either. With a 3.9 gpa I'm sure I did good on it. Like i asked before: Is it possible that Meps made a mistake while grading my asvab ?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    28 Jan 2015 09:30 PM
    Deleted post
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    29 Jan 2015 06:47 AM
    there's a high probability there was a clerical error made.

You aren't a recruiter, you don't work at MEPS, so please don't provide false hope. In four years I never saw MEPS make a "clerical error" on an ASVAB. Based on my experience that place is meticulous beyond belief even if people don't agree with thier assessments.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    29 Jan 2015 08:41 AM
    You're right, my apologies to futurehero. Let us know what you find out.
    FutureHero

--
    29 Jan 2015 01:17 PM
    Thank you guys. I talked to my recruiter he said to pass by his office Tuesday so we can fill out some papers , after that he is going to have me take the asvab again.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement