Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New coast guard wife!
Last Post 06 Apr 2015 11:44 AM by cgadventure. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cgadventure

--
29 Jan 2015 02:59 PM
    Hello everyone! My hubs just signed and swore in yesterday as a new member of the USCG! We are so excited that after a year working with an awesome recruiter, the coast guard has given us a chance! We have two little girls and a little boy on the way and our family is very excited for new adventures. I'm nervous and have a million questions but, I'm excited this forum exists and hopefully I'll get some answers! Thanks everyone!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    29 Jan 2015 05:07 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    29 Jan 2015 07:48 PM
    congrats. Just have a question. Did your husband have to get a waiver for the amount of dependents?
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    30 Jan 2015 01:11 AM
    Awesome... enjoy the journey!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    cgadventure

--
    31 Jan 2015 03:48 PM
    Yes, we had to get a waiver for dependents.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Jan 2015 06:28 PM
    Ask away, we are here to help! Boot camp is going to seem like an eternity when it starts. But it will go by really quickly. There is a saying, the days will drag by but the weeks will fly! Any ideas where you HOPE to be stationed? Any idea on what rate he might like to go for? Best of luck. Don't be afraid to ask, just right in!!! No question is silly, you're just figuring all this out. What you can't figure out, we'll help. I would recommend finding your husband's boot camp company Facebook group, they generally start up about a week or 2 before the ship date and meet some other family members and they also tend to post pictures!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cgadventure

--
    01 Feb 2015 03:51 PM
    My first, and biggest question, has to do with what happens right after boot camp. His graduation date is may 29 and sadly I can't go because my due date is June 8th! Now, I am almost positive that he won't be here for the baby's birth, which we understand, but does he get a few days of leave before he has to be at his next duty station? I have dreams of being stationed in Oregon or Washington state but, we will go wherever! I've heard that the request sheets don't really get looked at, is that true? We truly are happy to serve wherever they send us but, I'd love to be there. What are some of your favorite duty stations? Oh, one more question, do we get to pick the date the movers come or is it assigned to us? This baby is messing with my timeline because we (as in my daughter's and I) aren't planning on following my husband until after I've delivered the baby since it is basically crunch time. Ugh, I feel kind of like a basket case! An excited one but, a basket case non the less.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    01 Feb 2015 04:56 PM
    Hey should get 5 days of leave plus whatever travel days he gets if he is driving. The company commanders will definitely know of your situation and will be happy to keep him updated with your progress. When he gets there he will be able to give you some contact info to his company commanders and you should be able to get a hold if him if you deliver early.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Feb 2015 06:56 AM
    I've heard that the request sheets don't really get looked at, is that true?

They get looked at. A lot of factors go into determining where an individual ends up. If you don't get Washington/Oregon right away that doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

What are some of your favorite duty stations?

Miami.. far and away.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Feb 2015 07:33 AM
    I've never been any place that I've truly hated... I loved Kodiak because that's where my marriage started, my son was born, I made some of my oldest and most dear friends. I loved New Orleans just for the experience of living in New Orleans and the food and the music and the parties. I loved Valdez. All the remoteness of a far away Alaskan town but on the main road system so Anchorage and Fairbanks were easily accessible. I loved the small community feeling, I loved being involved in all the volunteer stuff I participated in. There was bad in each of those locations as well... but I prefer to remember all of the happy, crazy times.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cgadventure

--
    04 Apr 2015 06:53 PM
    I have a couple of probably obvious questions:
    1. Where do I find what company my husband will be in at boot camp? Is there a specific facebook page for that company?
    2. Also, his address says I need a hall...I'm not sure about where to find that.
    3. Are there any facebook pages for coast guard wives? I'd love to start one if there isn't but, I don't want to detract from another page if there is already one set up.
    4. Because I'm so pregnant, if I do deliver early do I just call my local red cross to get the news to my husband or do you have any other suggestions for me that way?

Hubby leaves on Monday! We are so excited for this amazing opportunity!

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    05 Apr 2015 07:41 AM
    You can check this linkhttp://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/Trai...uation.asp I don't see a company from last week, so possibly Charlie-191. But it could be that whoever maintains that site might just be on vacation. But you can look for Charlie and Delta 191 companies. That will help. When I see the other site updated I'll post here again.

That same site will tell you hall or I will as well. But if you don't have it not a complete tragedy. Just be sure you use your hubbies full name... C Smith, there could be 3. Christopher Smith probably only one and they don't have to figure out Christopher or Christina.

My daughter in law is a member of a spouse page. I think it is just coast guard spouses. I'll confirm with her and find out if you have to notify an admin or anything to get added. I know it is a closed group, spouses only.

Red Cross would be a great start. You can also call the Chaplain on base. Everyone will understand that phone call to the base.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cgadventure

--
    05 Apr 2015 08:27 AM
    Thank you! I looked up Charlie 191 and it was there. I'm going to message the admin. I'd love any info about a spouse page! I really appreciate all your help!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    05 Apr 2015 10:58 AM
    I saw your post from the other thread, the company your husband will be in should be Echo 191.
    cgadventure

--
    06 Apr 2015 09:48 AM
    I actually found out that he's in delta 191.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    06 Apr 2015 10:50 AM
    I was just going to tell you that. As I say in these posts where I guess the company, a week can be skipped and I won't know that UNTIL the week is skipped. There were no shippers the week of March 24th. So that puts everything back a week. Delta-191 is absolutely correct. I don't know the hall yet. But if you follow the link I posted above, it should be posted some time next week. They rarely, if ever, put that information up prior to forming week.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cgadventure

--
    06 Apr 2015 11:44 AM
    Thank you so much old guard! I'm so grateful for your responses.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement