Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just wondering...
Last Post 15 Mar 2008 11:26 PM by urtruedestinee. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Chellybabe_04

--
06 Mar 2008 02:48 PM
    Hello All,
     I'm getting ready to join the Coast Guard and was just hoping to get some helpful comments and possibly some support. I decided to do this on my own, I don't really have much support. Any would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and hope to hear from you soon.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    katiensb

--
    06 Mar 2008 03:43 PM
    Any support you need Chellybabe, you will get here. Alot of moms, wives, dads and even a hubby or two....Ask away....

Katie

Proud Mother of:

SR Phillips, Allison C-179

Katie
             New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    macmac

--
    06 Mar 2008 04:02 PM
    you are making the right choice to join the coast guard. i love it and i couldnt see myself anywhere else at this point in my life.
    Chellybabe_04

--
    06 Mar 2008 10:39 PM
    thank you for the responses...I'm hoping I'm doing the right thing also..the more I look into it, the more I can't wait to go. But then I feel like I'm doing this alone, because like I said I don't feel like I have the support of my family. :( That kind of makes me upset...
    valma89

--
    07 Mar 2008 07:01 AM
    yeah its hard at first. my family wasnt against the idea but they were really scetched out about recruiters and me getting "sent to iraq" and what not. but after they found out more information about it they couldnt be more excited for me to leave! ill be the first person in all of my family to join the armed forces. (at least not since like WWII)

let your family know the up side of the CG! let them know why you want to join :)

Captain

--
    07 Mar 2008 08:45 PM
    Hi,I am from Norway.

How to report an envvironmental crime to USCG?
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 3/7/2008 8:47:33 PM GMT

Captain

--
    07 Mar 2008 09:15 PM
    Need to report of environmental crime and ships safety issue..

Cruiseship Monarch of the Seas,while underway to drydock in Jan.2006.San Fransico
    emptied tanks to sea,against Marpol and Royal Caribbeans SQM environmental policy.
    Tank concern was DD11,usen as fixed ballast,contained tons of sediment,chemicals,and bacterias ..the tank had been the source of an accident in San Pedro Sept.2nd.2005.
    Methan gas accident,3 casualties.
    Probobly cause of the crime,was to save money and time in Drydock,cleaningwork was scheduled.
    According to ships stability manual,DD11 was not to be emptied at sea,due to negative stability would occour. Ship had approx. 1000 peoples onboard,crew and contractors
    The ballastrepport sendt to USCG does not reflect correct status,as the tank was emptied just before DD.and was free of liquids when entering drydock.
    Ship was given gas free cerificate by the yard,although over 100ppm methane and H2S was measured when in ddrydock..cleaning work was cancelled due to that fact.
    The most serious action was putting the cruiseship in negative stability jepardizing all lifes onboard,in addition to the environmental crime by discharging the tank inside legal borders.
    This was reported to CEO Richard Fain early may 2006,by mail from Norway,but no action was taken,and ot was not reported to USCG,as the intention of the repoting letter was.
    Please take notice of this message and forward it to whom it may concern.
    Please contact by e-mail Chief Officer Jan Andreassen..e-mail janjacoba@gmail.com
    or Captain B.Eidissen mail b_eidissen@yahoo.no,
    chief officer was onboard at the time of the crime,and witness all actions.but was kept out of the loop by RCCL superintendant and Chief Engineer-
    Chief Officer protested,but was not heard.I was at home in Norway when I was told by acting Captain Jørn Clausen,that the tank had been emptied against his knowledge,and had put him in a imposssible position towards the cruise company,and coast Guard.
    I took action from Norway,while on vacation,and wrote to CEO Richard Fain,as mentioned erlyer,but it has come to my knowledge that the cruisecompany Royal caribbean International,did not pass my report over to USCG,as whas my intention with lthe report in the first place.
    Please forward this message to coast guard high ranking officers,PLEASE,IMPORTANT
    It has seemed almost impassible to get authorities here in Norway,to understand the seriousness of this crime,and to even believe in it.
    Thanks for your help.
    Captain Bjørn Eidissen,Cellphone:+47-99480339
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 3/7/2008 9:20:25 PM GMT

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    07 Mar 2008 11:25 PM
    You might try the Contact Us page over at www.uscg.mil. There may be a more specific contact for violation of maritime law but I don't know where it is.
    urtruedestinee

--
    15 Mar 2008 11:26 PM
    Hey! My name is Destinee Winslow and i have just joined the CG I leave for boot camp in exactly one month..April 15th and I know what you mean. I have tons of support from my husband, but my dad and mom seem kinda well leery i guess and i understand why. When do you leave for Boot Camp? If you need any support at all i am totally here for you! I think we are both making the right decision. How could it not be right when you get to be a part of something so great! Good luck!
    Destinee

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement