Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ARMY RESERVE TO CG ACTIVE DUTY
Last Post 23 May 2015 09:15 PM by AirDale13. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
ronsheldonzamora

--
17 Feb 2015 10:24 PM
    HEY CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS IN TRYING TO GO COAST GUARD FROM ARMY RESERVE?
    I DID MY CONDITIONAL RELEASE, DID MY ASVAB, DID MY MEDICAL, DID MY EQUIP PAPERS, AND I AM ABOUT TO GO BOOT CAMP NEXT WEEK BUT I WENT TO MY ARMY RESERVE UNIT ADMIN AND THEY SAID I CANNOT GO BOOT CAMP BECAUSE THE ARMY NEEDS MY CONTRACT FROM THE COAST GUARD FIRST AND THE ARMY NEEDS TO DISCHARGE ME BEFORE I CAN GO BOOT CAMP. WITH MY BOOT CAMP DATE IS NEXT WEEK AND FINDING OUT THIS PROBLEM AGAIN MAKES ME SO MAD. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS IS MY BEST OPTION ,, THANKSS
    Apollo

--
    18 Feb 2015 04:43 AM
    You should call your recruiter immediately and have them help you with this situation.
    ronsheldonzamora

--
    18 Feb 2015 10:00 AM
    I DID CALL MY RECRUITER THEY SAID MY ARMY UNIT ADMIN TALK TO THEM AND NOW MY CG RECRUITER SAID THEY WILL CALL THEIR MAIN RECRUITING OFFICE TO VERIFY WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Feb 2015 10:28 AM
    All caps, truly not necessary. Yelling at us won't get you what you need.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    21 May 2015 09:25 PM
    Oops.  Old thread.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 May 2015 09:37 PM
    Not that old AirDale. Feel free to share your expertise, even in older threads. You never know when someone might have the same question and you've given an updated answer.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    23 May 2015 09:15 PM
    10-4 Old Guard2. I've processed a few prior service applicants lately. The word from Cape May is that the conditional release must cover at least till their ship date. Once the applicant ships to boot they will sign their DD4 (contract) at MEPS for the USCG. The paperwork is then forwarded to their former military branch and the USCG adds them in DEERS at Cape May. If there were any issues with the conditional release the USCG will not be able to add them in DEERS. At this point they will simply draft a new one.

The applicant upon getting their ship date needs to exercise their own due diligence and notify their command of their ship date and explain the above process if need be. The applicant will not get a contract/DD4 till they ship out. So the OP should have had no issues shipping to boot as everything appears to have been handled correctly.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement