Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just graduated, ask me anything!
Last Post 14 Sep 2019 04:23 AM by jdhusker. 171 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 6 of 6 << < 23456
Author Messages
sako_hopar

--
08 Jul 2017 01:27 AM
Posted By Cantwaittohelp on 25 Feb 2017 11:26 AM
 I ship out in 3 months and I have been battling a internal hemorrhoid i know it sounds gross but I'm scared when I get to cape my once they do the physical I so be DQ. How are the physical once you get there.  I already passed my meps physical with my issue going on and it went fine I'm very healthy and I don't want them to send me home any and all information is helpful thanks

You're going to be put under A LOT of stress, more than you have probably ever had in your life, that is not going to go to well with your digestive system, your stomach nor your intestines. Furthermore, your diet will change and you will be doing a lot of physical activity.  You need to bring this up to your doctor.  You do not want to be one of the people who gets sent to the ward for a couple weeks then to a discharge hold element where they might hold you for months until they bring you back up to your normal health before they send you back home.
mcdermott_tina@yahoo.com

--
05 Aug 2017 01:15 PM
Just to double check - the items listed in the Helmsan to bring should be items that can be carried on a plane i.e.: lotion - toothpaste (travelsize). Its not clear in the manual.
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
05 Aug 2017 01:26 PM
Yes you must follow TSA regulations if you are flying.
Devyn255

--
08 Aug 2017 04:48 AM
Couple quick questions for the first week pt test will the running be done on a track or a street or what? I know I should meet the graduation time the first week Does anyone know the time for the first week and the final time I can run a 13 minute mile and a half right now. Any shippers shipping on September 26th?
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
08 Aug 2017 12:40 PM
If the weather is good you will run outside on the 0.5 mile long track for 3 laps. If the weather is bad you run inside around the gym for something like 29 laps around the gym. For the run time just run 12:51 or less, it is pointless to try to figure out the minimum forming standard, they change it all the time anyway. Not passing part of the fitness test just puts extra stress on you, worrying about being sent home sucks. I missed situps by 3 during the first test. I had to worry about that for 3 weeks until the week 4 fitness test and if i didnt pass then i would be reverted. I passed the run at 11:29 during the first week and that was better than any of my training times before I shipped. I ran better in boot camp because i was much more motivated to go fast and stay with the group.
ColePuscg

--
17 Nov 2017 10:17 PM
So me and my twin brother have graduated high school and long story short we were going Navy but changed our minds and decided to go Coast Guard. We can do all the PT requirments besides the run which we are both about 45 seconds off but we still have a month before we ship off so we should be okay. My question is if one of us was to get reverted would they revert both of us or just one? I’m not depending on my brother or anything I just want to know if my parents will have to fly to cape may twice to see both of us graduate. We live in Washington state which is why I think it’s a big deal since plane tickets aren’t cheap. I’m assuming they won’t care what my parents have to do and they will just revert one of us but I’m just wanting to make sure. I’m not saying I’m 100% sure one of us will get reverted but just in case I would like to let me parents know
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
18 Nov 2017 05:21 AM
They would only revert one of you, the buddy program only gets you into the same company, after that you guys are on your own for meeting all requirements.
Trusted Member
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
mkelly

--
18 Nov 2017 08:54 AM
If one of you can't pass the PT standards, there will only be 1 of you graduating. With a month out, you should be well under the run time. You are not going to get to boot camp and all of the sudden be faster and have more energy. You're going to be tired and it is going to be cold. Your recruiter should be informed that you cannot pass the complete PT test right now.
Phoe214@gmail.com

--
01 Apr 2018 09:42 PM
Hey, 

Recent bootcamp grad right here (S-195). From my experience, I stayed for 4 companies after being rephased 3 times. So i have to spend an additional 4 weeks since one of them is 2 weeks behind another company.  The first time I failed probation in the early weeks since i fell behind. But, its not a bad thing.  The CC's make every effort to help you succeed and the extra time they give is more of a blessing to get you acquitted to the customs in bootcamp.  The other 2 times are medical so I was placed on hold, but the good thing is we get more time to catch up with the next company as we study (yes, bootcamp is not just brawn), get our lives "squared away", and practice what we need work on.  Important thing about is be fast, be loud, do what you're told, and stay positive and remember the very reason why you want to be there in the first place. Bootcamp is not for the light hearted, but it is not impossible to succeed. 
Daniel1120

--
05 Apr 2018 02:32 PM
Shipping in 4 days. I have a question about the week 1 PFT, so at the moment I exceed the graduation requirements with a 11:20 1.5 mile, 46 sit ups and 40 push-ups in a minute. So I’m not too worried about it but I’m just wondering what the requirements are for week 1 PFT. Are they the same as graduation or are they easier? I’ve seen people online say it’s the same and I’ve heard that the requirements are 11 push-ups, 21 sit ups, and a 14:00 1.5 mile?
alaniss01

--
05 Apr 2018 04:34 PM
how it’s the boot camp?
The showers?
The rooms?
I hope your answer very soon !
robsmi01

--
03 Sep 2018 08:18 AM
Tomorrow I go to MEPS and am going to boot camp ASAP afterwords (I was told it would take about a month). As of now, I can pass everything for the PFT. I am just wondering about the push ups, do my arms need to be close together while performing the push ups or does it really not matter? I've never really received a definitive answer, and I would like to know what to practice this final month. Thank you!
Tracyraquel

--
23 Sep 2018 10:06 AM
Please explain first week PT test, shipping out tomorrow and I’m prepared but worried about lack of sleep and nerves effecting my run time. Need advice ASAP.
Susu

--
27 Feb 2019 11:56 AM
How much if any did JROTC programs in  high school and leadership camps  prepare you for Bootcamp?
My husband is ret Airforce officer they don’t do Bootcamp. My father is a ret e-9 Navy he went through Bootcamp in 1955. My son is at CapeMay currently. Thank you for your service. 
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
27 Feb 2019 06:01 PM
When I was in bootcamp some people who did JROTC did very poorly in boot camp while others performed just fine. Those people knew a little more about how to march but other than that they didn't stand out more than anyone else.
chels.a.mil

--
04 Mar 2019 07:52 AM
SO many questions.. but I will condense to what I haven't seen yet in the comments.
As far as advanced knowledge, I have a good idea of some of the questions they will ask because I have Julian Miyata, and Andre Milla's Books on Kindle, as well as a copy of the Helmsman (fully prepared to study until my brain explodes).

I was wondering if there are any bizarre questions they asked?
Strix

--
05 Mar 2019 10:15 AM
@chels.a.mil

Everything we were ever asked, was either covered in the helmsman (for the love of all things living, know it cover to cover before you go. Be able to describe collar devices of both enlisted and officers) OR it was the plan of the week type stuff (who is the officer on duty that day, sunrise/sunset time.. etc) that you will just need to memorize before bed for the next day. They rarely drilled us on things we learned in class. Honestly if you just pay attention and are good at knowledge retention you wont have too hard of a time. The hardest part for me was just being miserably ill and still trying to keep up because I didn't want to be reverted (there was a 2 week gap between me and the next company.) I had pneumonia and still pushed myself pretty hard and ended up having to do breathing treatments and carry an inhaler. My CC's could tell who was really sick and still trying so I'd like to say they cut us some slack by not being too harsh during PT on us.

Just know your general orders, phonetic alphabet, all your ranks and collar devices and shoulder boards etc and you will be good! Just pay attention, stay awake, try your hardest every second of every day and you'll come out a better person than you went in.
RaquelR

--
26 Jul 2019 05:45 PM
Posted By UrsusAureus on 07 Mar 2015 05:16 PM
I just graduated yesterday from V-190- if you have any questions about recruit training, just ask me anything! I'll answer everything I feel is fair to be answered...being surprised on certain things is an important part of the training.

My orders? USCGC Morgenthau home ported in Honolulu!

I am honestly undecided between AD & Reserves. Graduated and would be going in as an E3, how difficult or easy is it to manage the USCG with a dog, that's if you know anyone that has a pet or have a pet yourself.
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
26 Jul 2019 05:50 PM
If you get assigned to live in a barracks or on a ship you wont be able to have your dog or any pets with you. If you are married you will be able to live on the economy and get your own place so then you could keep your dog.
Whiteman

--
13 Sep 2019 10:38 AM
My son was in week 5 received his orders and also got reverted. Will he keep the orders?

Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
13 Sep 2019 11:49 AM
Whiteman, the same happened to my son. Yes, he kept his orders. There are circumstances that could dictate a change if the need for a nonrate is greater than the 1 week wait for their arrival but it is likely his orders will not change.

That said, if they are changed, if they aren't, when you write to your son, encouragement, encouragement, encouragement. Don't worry about writing about the reversion or anything more serious. Just encourage and support. He will figure the rest out. Honestly, most that are reverted get a lot out of it and come out saying they are better for having been reverted. I like to say anyone can do boot camp in 8 weeks... It is the special Coasties that take 9, 10, even 11 to get it done. Hang in there dad, all is well.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
14 Sep 2019 04:23 AM
In most cases recruits will keep their orders. If the gap between his two companies is greater than 1 week sometimes units request the orders get canceled so they can get a recruit their sooner. But it's rare for orders to be canceled for a single reversion.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 6 of 6 << < 23456

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement