Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
SARWET USCG AIRSAT SANFRAN
Last Post 21 Dec 2017 04:41 PM by Taclet305. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mike3406

--
28 Apr 2015 10:20 AM
    AD2 M.R. Greer USCG VET I was at USCG AIRSTA SANFRAN 1974-1977 and was in the SARWET Team that was started there. I remember Bill Watts, Billy Smith, "Doc" Warner was AD1 (I ran the T56 engine shop there) there are some others that I cant thank of there names right now. I did find a time back on Fred's Place but site is now longer up. Would like any info from any one that knows any one that was at sanfran airsta
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Apr 2015 12:41 PM
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to post and share some sea stories here. I don't know if you'll find anyone from then, we don't seem to get a high veteran contingent. But all Coasties, past, present and future... even Moms like me, are all welcome here.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    dochypnosis

--
    12 Dec 2017 10:52 PM
    Hi Greer. Trying to remember your first name.... Bill maybe? I was in the AE shop & HH-52 shop. Most guys then just called me “Doc”. AD1 Warner always called me the “other Doc”! I was at SF, and participated in SARWET also. I’ve lost touch with everyone but AD3 Jay Shideler. I went on to AIRSTA Mobile (Polar Ops), AIRSTA Arcata, AE “C” school in Memphis, then finished at AIRSTA Brooklyn. I was also a scanner on the HU-16, & HC-130. I think me & an AD3 Lou Sealey were the only ones flight qualified in all 3 aircraft. WAIT...weren’t you the doorman on a 52 with me on a rough water rescue? I got lowered to the deck of small boat, and the basket was then lowered. I got the injured guy in the basket, and sent him up, and when the sling came down for me, i got jerked off the deck, & into the Pacific. Then I was rescued via the sling, and we all made it back safely. 
    Taclet305

--
    21 Dec 2017 04:41 PM
    Hello, fellow Coasties. Foxtrot 139 here, 1992. USCG Dallas was my first unit out of boot camp. I will never forget trekking through Governors Island with a full sea bag in Bravos in 7 inches of snow. What an experience. Mess cooking, painting, cleaning the heads. Wow. From there I went to USCG COMMSTA Miami. Big difference in responsibilities, but only stayed till I got accepted to MK school. Once I graduated MK school I was shipped to the USCGC Bear. I was Aux, but also did some Main Prop. I eventually got to qualify as throttleman. An opening came up for D7 Taclet and I quickly applied. I served on Taclet from 1999 to 2006. I can honestly say that the Coast Guard is a britherhood. You learn teamwork, endurance, attention to detail, and so many other invaluable qualities. If you are ever on the fence about joining the CG, don't hesitate. Life changing experience. Left as an MK2.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement