Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Disrespect for the USCG
Last Post 29 Jul 2019 06:56 AM by Old Guard2. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
Topic is locked
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
searay

--
23 May 2015 01:45 PM
    New member here.

I have been on a local forum with guy who is absolutely despicable.

Here is what he thinks of the Coast Guard.

We are nothing but a bunch of water cops, revenue rangers and mudders waiting for our boat to sink. THis is the exact quote.  "Do they still issue you coasties waders to get you ashore when your vessel sinks?"

Hey guys have any good comebacks for this jerk.

searay
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    23 May 2015 02:07 PM
    Not really worried about it. He can say whatever he wants behind his computer screen unfortunately. On the other hand if anyone wanted to pursue it, it would be pretty easy
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    searay

--
    23 May 2015 03:02 PM
    Yes I know about hiding behing the monitor.

I was just hoping to throw a couple of zingers at that guy.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 May 2015 04:15 PM
    That's a really old joke. They can only take the boat out as far as the line goes. you have to be over 6 foot to join the CG, so you can walk ashore if the boat sinks. Really not a big deal.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    23 May 2015 04:22 PM
    It doesn't bother me because I know I've saved boats and potentially lives, so he's just a grumpy bitter person
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    23 May 2015 08:31 PM
    Searay, seriously?? creating an account to fish for revenge towards someone else. We are much more professional than this. Go away.
    searay

--
    25 May 2015 11:42 AM
    Sorry, guess i logged into a different USCG than I remember.

In my day we would not tolerate disrespect.

I was just looking for a few zingers.

Don't worry....I wont bother you wimps anymore. 
    searay

--
    25 May 2015 01:19 PM
    AirDale13

I was on a forum where this guy was being very disrespctful to the USCG..As a 4 year veteran of the USCG i was offended and tried to defend the USCG as best as I could. I am 75 years old and was not doing a very good job.

I came over to the USCG forum looking for some help. By the way, I never knew the USCG had a forum as I am somewhat new to the internet. Anyway, I was looking for some zingers not revenge. You know something to put this guy in his place. Found out this USCG forum is not the place for that. On top of it I'm told to go away. 

All I was trying to do was defend the USCG from someone who knows nothing about what the Coast Guard actrually does. Instead I get you. 

As I said, this is not the USCG I knew from years ago. We would never tolerate that type of disrespect, demeaning talk....ever.

Yes I come from a different time and maybe the USCG is more tolerant of this type of disrespect...not me.

Air Dale13, I see you have no respect for a veteran Coast Guardsman by telling me to go away when all I was trying to do was defend the USCG.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Served from Jan. 57 to Jan 61

USCGC Bering Strait Sand Island, HI
    USCGC Gentian Miami Beach, FL
    Turks & Caicos Islands W/MCB7 -July-Sept.  1959 Worked with Seabees building Loran C station. Believe it or not my duty station was an old Navy LCM.
    USCGC Tupelo  Bay View Park   Toledo, OH
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    25 May 2015 02:55 PM
    Searay,

I am not in the business of starting forum wars. As I am sure your aware, there was no way for me to know that you were a 4 year vet of the USCG. I only knew that you were a new member looking for comebacks. So, I don't really feel ashamed but rather uninformed. I thank you for your service in the USCG. If someone is on a forum disrespecting our service I feel there is no need to stoop down to their level. What we do speaks for itself as does our demeanor and response to these situations. I get what your saying but what we are saying is that it just does not bother those of us that are currently in or that even retired from it. No need to reply to nonsense spewed on a forum. If I would have known you were a USCG veteran my response would have been more respectful towards you; however, no zingers would have been found. Sorry about that.
    searay

--
    25 May 2015 03:55 PM
    AirDale13

Why would a non Coastguardsman come on this forum, post a comment that someone is being disrespctfuyll to the USCG? 

Does this occur frequently?

Do you automatically assume they are not or have not been in the USCG?

Seems to me he or she was just looking out for the USCG and trying to defend them. You chose to look at it as something else.

Actually me being a veteran or not has nothing to do with your response to my original comment. You saw the comment and made up your mind that I was basically a jerk without even knowing me..  

I am not here to start an internet war. I was not being disrespecful and certainly not looking to be told "go away".

How do I even know you are in the USCG and not a phony? AirDale13 means nothing to me.

This is my final comment. I will "go away" forever.

Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    25 May 2015 06:54 PM
    It does happen and you got it right on the button. Hopefully, since your intentions were good, you don't go away. You could add depth to the forum.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    27 May 2015 04:41 PM
    Why would a non Coastguardsman come on this forum

Yes , they do all the time. This forum is primarily a tool for people interested in the USCG and all of it's iterations to ask questions and get some insight into who we are, what we do and how to enlist, pursue a commission, or volunteer. You're welcome to post anytime and share some sea stories with us. As for a response to people disrespecting our service when people ask me why I joined the CG instead of another branch.. I tell them I was looking for a dangerous job.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 May 2015 06:04 PM
    I'm not a Coast Guardsman. I'm the ex wife of a retired Coastie. I'm the mom of a Coastie. I have a great deal of knowledge and I have acquired a great deal more from being here for almost 7 years. Zingers aren't worth it. Someone that is disrespectful, will continue to be. No matter what you throw at them. You must be new to the internet because there are many out there that will pick fights over nothing. Don't get swallowed up by the BS only to be frustrated anyway. As far as this not being the same Coast Guard, it isn't. It is a kinder, gentler service, for good or bad, that's the way it is. For all of the services, that's the way it is.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    27 May 2015 08:51 PM
    Most of us that are active or reserve on here know each other also, and amongst ourselves wouldn't really tolerate anyone publicly engaging in behavior on the internet that is going to be unbecoming or embaressing to the CG.

So, sorry. I would chat sea stories all day with you in private with zingers and all, but on a public forum, it's not going to happen. It's not even worth our time. If I had a dollar for every time someone not in the military or someone in another branch tried to ruffle my feathers for being the CG I'd probably be able to take a nice trip somewhere. But like I said, I know what we do, whether I defend myself or not, it's not going to change an ignorant mindset, so who cares.
    Puddle_Pirate

--
    07 Jun 2015 07:46 PM
    He is either trolling, knows nothing (or very little) about the Coast Guard, or he has only had a few (negative) reactions with the CG (failed a boat inspection, etc.) and has a personal gripe about the CG. Ignore him as such.

Edit: I'm talking about the person the OP is talking about.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    07 Jun 2015 10:00 PM
    14 replies and two weeks later this thread is still going?  There are some topics that are worth this kind of time.  This isn't one of them.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Jun 2015 07:29 AM
    And yet Chief, you played right into it and replied. I read every post, this way if there are spammers or the like, i delete the comment and the person. But if anyone thinks something isn't worthy of reading or responding to, just don't. Lol. It's pretty simple actually.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    08 Jun 2015 04:31 PM
    @OG2..Touche!
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Eric97

--
    20 Aug 2015 11:57 PM
    I've heard that joke as well a navy recruiter told me that one time when I told him about my intrest in th USCG. Lame joke
    Arctic Bosun

--
    21 Jul 2019 07:55 PM
    Experience has taught this septuagenarian two concepts. Both concepts are aimed at myself not the person that is attempting to offend.
    1) The first concept is derived from the serenity prayer, …”accept the things I cannot change...”
    2) The second concept is, “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest though also be like unto him.”
    ~ Proverbs 26:4

I do not intend to be preachy about this. ‘tis that I learned over the years not to waste my time trying to deal with fools. My final lesson in coping was a manager that was a veteran of another service. He insisted that the CG was not a military service despite seeing my military ID. One cannot win an argument with this ilk or persuade them otherwise. 'tis best to remain above the fray.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    21 Jul 2019 09:13 PM
    I dont try to prove to people that the Coast Guard is military. I'm here to make a living and support my family. I present the Coast Guard in a positive light and that's all I can do.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Jul 2019 07:02 PM
    Judoka, I deleted your comment and also locked your account. I know you had some problems but this is neither the time nor the place to air those problems.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Jul 2019 10:30 AM
    You can keep posting, I'll keep deleting and blocking. Just stop. i know you had issues many THOUSANDS of young women have not. Your case was tried, it is over, move on with your life.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    CoastiesAreRapist

--
    28 Jul 2019 10:23 AM
    Don’t join the coast guard. 

Edited by moderator. It always amazes me when a disgruntled person comes into the forum and lays blanket accusations against all members of the Coast Guard. It also amazes me that they would use a static IP address that routes back to their provider. It also amazes me that they are surprised when the information posted publicly online is then transferred to said providers as well as investigative services. Another day in the life of the internet... 
    coolkids64

--
    28 Jul 2019 02:35 PM
    Old guard: I want investigate service to find me. Everything I said was the truth so they can’t charge me anything, but maybe they can help me.

OldGuard did not edit this. I am an administrator on this site. 

My question to you is simple. This site is not a USCG site, it is not monitored, and has nothing to do in an official capacity with the USCG. You are not asking for help, you are spamming a site that although talks about the USCG, again, is not affiliated. Have you contacted the Coast Guard about your issue? Have you contacted your local Law enforcement about this issue? Have you reached out to your local support services? 

You can continue to make as many accounts as you can and post here, however, this site is NOT connected to the USCG and your stating the same statement over and over again will not help you. 

I strongly suggest you go through channels that can assist you in your pursuit. This site cannot help you. Google is your friend. Not this site. There is nothing that we can do to help you through this. 

I have given you direct options to pursue this issue if you feel that you need to. Posting to this site like you have, violating the terms of service will get your IP blocked. This is not the forum to use to get your issue resolved. 

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope that you find closure. 

Again,

This site cannot help you. 
    CCCSD

--
    28 Jul 2019 03:51 PM
    You are a TRUE example of a person who has such issues that they should be banned from being on the Internet. There are many forums where you would be welcomed to post your diatribes, but all you’re doing here is making people think how maybe you aren’t a true victim...

I’m sure your therapist would tell you this is NOT the way to recover. You should go now. It’s getting boring having to read your spam.

Too bad I have to be so nice and polite.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    28 Jul 2019 04:57 PM
    What you are doing here borders on what is called a Directed Denial of Service attack (DDoS). This is where someone floods a webpage or server with so much traffic that it crashes. It's also a violation of Federal law, 18 USC 1030. And as with most Federal violations, it's a felony. Is this really the route you want to go?
    coolkids64

--
    28 Jul 2019 06:20 PM
    I didn’t cause the page to crash tho. I just got as trying to get a message across
    CCCSD

--
    28 Jul 2019 06:50 PM
    Your “message” is your opinion. You DON’T get to spam the internet because you’re having a tantrum.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    28 Jul 2019 07:00 PM
    I think we're getting our signals crossed here. My post was directed towards the one who is repeatedly spamming this forum
    Topic is locked
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement