Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
First Phone Call
Last Post 09 Jul 2015 11:26 AM by Eoghan Roe. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ScarletRavens

--
04 Jul 2015 06:46 PM
    It's the end of the 5th week. My fiancee is in company K191. I had thought I'd get a call today at the latest... when do the calls generally come, telling us where they are beong stationed? I'm going crazy over here, with apprehension as to where he's stationed... I really need to know where so I can actually make some plans.... what day do they call? Morning or afternoon? Can they call more than one person? I'm terrified to miss this call...
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    04 Jul 2015 08:15 PM
    Usually Saturday or Sunday. It's not going to be a specific time. Also they put their picks in during week 5 I'm not sure they get them back right away. I remember waiting some days for sure.

When I called no one picked up, and then on Sunday I went to church and used their phone to call. This was 5 years ago. Could be different now
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Jul 2015 10:57 PM
    Casks can come anywhere between Thursday and Tuesday. They can be early in the day until later, early evening. They will get only one call. If there is no answer they'll be given a second chance but only one call.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    05 Jul 2015 05:21 AM
    Yeah, I remember my wife telling me this was a big concern. Just keep your phone on you. He'll call when they let him and worst case, when(if) they get their on-base liberty, he'll have access to a phone most of the day.
    ScarletRavens

--
    05 Jul 2015 05:03 PM
    Okay thank you. I hope I'm able to answer. I live in the country and lose service a lot. I just hope the call comes with good timing. Thanks
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    05 Jul 2015 07:02 PM
    It was a holiday weekend (short work week) so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have their units yet.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    ScarletRavens

--
    06 Jul 2015 07:14 PM
    I finally got the call. He was stationed in Eufaula, Alabama. I'm going to college in the Florida panhandle. Not far from home, I'm so happy!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    07 Jul 2015 09:54 AM
    I knew a guy stationed there. It's the middle of nowhere Alabama.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    ScarletRavens

--
    07 Jul 2015 05:43 PM
    Yep, I know it. Considering we currently live in the middle of nowhere Florida, it's not much of a culture shock. Haha
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Jul 2015 04:15 AM
    I'm so happy you got your call and the news is good!!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 Jul 2015 09:16 AM
    we currently live in the middle of nowhere Florida

I was stationed there for almost a year. Then I moved to Miami, a suburb of Cuba.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    09 Jul 2015 11:26 AM
    Congrats! Enjoy your first unit.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement