Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Joining Auxiliary in High School
Last Post 28 Jul 2015 08:30 AM by mommabear. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
josh93745

--
09 Jul 2015 05:37 PM
    I have always wanted to serve in the military and want to enlist after college. I am seventeen right now and am going to be a junior next year and discovered I'd be eligible to serve in the Coast Guard Auxiliary. I was wondering if this is something that would be enjoyable or possible to do while in high school. The time commitment appears to be relatively light, where you can volunteer to serve as much as you want. It appears there are many different jobs that you could do in the auxiliary that perhaps require different amounts of time per month. The flotilla I'm closest to, Flotilla 11-8 in the Twin Cities, does not have a webpage so I can not figure out more about them individually. Any thoughts?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    10 Jul 2015 09:00 AM
    Hi, it is true you can do as much or as little as you wish. Flotillas generally love having younger folk in them. Often many members are retired, as they have time to put in. Also, often there are vets in the flotilla, which may be a source of information on serving that you might not get otherwise. If you have the time to spend, you can learn a lot. One of my sons graduated from college and enlisted. He spent quite a bit of time in between augmenting (serving with) the Active Duty CG, and got to do a lot of pretty cool stuff. Feel free to ask questions here, but your best source of information is to get the contact information for the Flotilla Commander and talk. If you can't find it in public sources, let me know. Also, if there are other flotillas relatively close, but more likely to work with the Active Duty, it might be worth the extra time for you to go there.

If your grades are up, and you are pretty fit, consider the Coast Guard Academy as well. That's a whole 'nother conversation. Again, if you're interested, I can point you in the right direction.
    mommabear

--
    27 Jul 2015 09:33 AM
    My daughter has showed some interest in joining the Auxiliary before joining the Coast Guard. Im sure this will only be more beneficial to her, but I haven't researched the Auxiliary so I am not sure. Any opinions or suggestions? She is a senior in high school and 17 years old. Her time is limited due to school and a part time job and she lives about 1 hr. from Cape May.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    28 Jul 2015 05:16 AM
    I talked with an Aux member in Cape May last spring. There several flotillas in the area. Some are out on safety patrols on the water. Some work with the Active Duty. I saw a lot working on the base helping at the Friday graduation of a basic training class. Some were directing traffic, some driving families around and a lot helping cook breakfast for the families. All these things relieve the Active Duty members to do their own jobs. Each has its own training, so each is a different opportunity. I would think working around Cape May would be an excellent introduction to the Coast Guard.
    mommabear

--
    28 Jul 2015 08:30 AM
    That's what I was thinking. I looked at the web site you suggested and there is a flotilla 15 minutes from us, but I think she would get a better feel of the Coast Guard being in Cape May as well. Going to research some more. Thank you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement