Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reversion Question
Last Post 09 Aug 2015 06:03 AM by Old Guard2. 18 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gabe474

--
23 Jul 2015 02:25 PM
    We are going to have to book airline tickets for graduation. I know reversion is still a possibility in week 6. What about week 7 or 8? How long should I wait to book our flights?
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    23 Jul 2015 02:38 PM
    There is no safe answer to provide, unfortunately. Recruits have been reverted from week 8 to 7 before due to their inability to follow rules. Example, recruits were allowed to have their phones back but only authorized to use them when instructed. One recruit thought it would be cool to post on FB from his rack late at night, without a private account, and was outed by someone in the know.

After week 6 a lot is riding on your recruit's ability to continue doing what's required of them. Best of luck and enjoy the graduation!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    25 Jul 2015 07:32 PM
    My company had 2 reversions in week 7 and one quitter in week 7 too. It happens.
    FrankMV

--
    25 Jul 2015 10:35 PM
    Why did he quit?
    cardintr

--
    27 Jul 2015 07:57 AM
    If you are able to fly Southwest you can change your tickets for just the difference in ticket price without any additional penalties. That way you can buy your tickets earlier and maybe save a little money if your recruit doesn't get reverted, but still be safe if he/she does.
    Gabe474

--
    27 Jul 2015 02:13 PM
    Posted By cardintr on 27 Jul 2015 08:57 AM
    If you are able to fly Southwest you can change your tickets for just the difference in ticket price without any additional penalties. That way you can buy your tickets earlier and maybe save a little money if your recruit doesn't get reverted, but still be safe if he/she does.

That's exactly what we just did. Thanks for the reply though. We were not aware Southwest flew into Philadelphia. They are not shown as an option in any of the travel site searches (Expedia, Travelocity, etc.).  They are the only airline I have found that doesn't charge "change fees" if you do have to reschedule. They also offer a military discount for our son's ticket home, although they had an online special for that particular flight that was cheaper than the regular price with the discount.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Jul 2015 03:01 PM
    I booked a flight with Southwest, had to change it. Not only did they not charge me a change fee, I have a $150 credit because the ticket I change to, was LESS! I try to fly Southwest as often as possible. I don't think they participate in any of the travel websites. They offer pretty darn good deals already, no need to go with those discount places that will just want fees from them. Always best to go straight to the horse's mouth!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    27 Jul 2015 03:23 PM
    Southwest also does a one free checked bag, and if for instance you have a small child or whatnot, they'll gate check your stroller for free.
    Gabe474

--
    27 Jul 2015 05:56 PM
    It is now 2 bags checked for free. We will be traveling light and be carry on only but I'm sure our graduate will have to check some luggage. . Southwest flights were cheaper than the others and none of them had any free luggage, some even charge for carry on. All the others had fees to change if necessary. Southwest was the best in every way.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Jul 2015 03:34 AM
    Southwest has always been 2 bags fly free. I've been flying with them over 10 years.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cardintr

--
    29 Jul 2015 08:42 AM
    We prefer to pay the extra $12.50 per flight to get priority seating. It's not a big deal if you don't mind a middle seat or are traveling alone, but if you want to try to sit together it's worth it in my opinion. I also think their seats are a little bigger and more comfortable than some of the other airlines. You don't feel like a stranger's sitting on your lap.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Eoghan Roe

--
    30 Jul 2015 04:19 AM
    Heh, sorry. Maybe I thought one checked bag because I never take more than that. >_> But yes, we love Southwest.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jul 2015 10:32 AM
    Oh Eoghan, a couple of years ago we had my boyfriends mother's memorial funeral in Oregon, then 2 weeks later my son got married in Connecticut. We live in Wisconsin. I was in the air so much I thought I was a bird. Trust me, all the damn extra clothes we had to take and the length of time we were staying and then gifts for the bride and groom... Oh yeah, 2 suitcases each, BIG ONES and 2 carry on's each for the wedding. The funeral was just 3 suitcases and 1 carry on. All of that within 2 weeks of each other. It was bananas!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    30 Jul 2015 05:25 PM

Love Southwest too....bet they would love to read the stuff on this thread!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Aug 2015 12:33 PM
    I praise Southwest as much as I can. One of these days they'll notice and give me a free flight to see my Coastie... only Milwaukee to New York, not an expensive ticket! but I'll take it if they want to reward me with one. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ConsMom

--
    07 Aug 2015 01:43 PM
    Old Guard - where in Wisconsin? I am there too.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Aug 2015 01:40 PM
    Cons, I'm in Beloit. Nice to meet another Coastie mom!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ConsMom

--
    08 Aug 2015 07:56 PM
    Well, I am not a Coastie mom YET. My son was DQ'd for social phobia. I posted the situation in the Recruitment thread. So frustrated right now. Did you happen to see my post? Any thoughts?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Aug 2015 06:03 AM
    I did see that one. Truly, I had never heard of that. I know one of our resident recruiters helped to answer and since that was something I'm not familiar with, I just left it in his capable hands. I really hope this can get straightened out. Sounded so strange to me. Please keep us informed.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement