Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The begining of a new life
Last Post 09 Apr 2008 12:30 AM by ErinSmith. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
urtruedestinee

--
06 Apr 2008 10:39 PM
    Hey everyone! I went on that tour with my recruiter to a CG station in Maryland and i was amazed by how much hospitality and kindness i recieved! I know that this is the right thing for me! I have decided one hundred percent that i am going to go in as a Boatswains Mate and later become a boarding officer. I leave in exactly one week from tomorrow! I want to thank everyone for there advice and all there wonderful information, you all are wonderful people and it really means alot to me to know there are others out there who are going through what my family will be going through, and to know that your support is out there for them anytime they need it lifts a big weight off my chest.  Not only that but i appreciate all the support i have had and the friends i have made here as well! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! God bless you all! Good luck to all those new recruits through boot camp, and to all there families stay strong, in the end it will be worth it and both you and your recruit will be proud! I will keep you updated as to how boot camp goes! Thankyou once again.

Destinee

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    06 Apr 2008 11:17 PM
    If you don't have time to get back to us during the short leave after boot camp, just get back to us as soon as you can. I know we all look forward to hearing about it!

I usually like to give people encouragement when they leave for boot camp but it's hard to think of anything I could say that would improve your attitude! Just remember that whatever happens, it's not personal. The CC's will be all over your case but they will be glad to call you shipmate...once you earned it!
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    06 Apr 2008 11:41 PM
    good luck!

eyes forward
    ears open
    mouth shut.....except when you are to sound off!!!

we will look forward to hearing from you when you return!!!!

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    USCGC Alex Haley, Kodiak, AK
    "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Yarborough

--
    07 Apr 2008 12:23 AM
    Make us all proud to be your forum family!!!!!!

Teresa, Proud Mom of BM Brett Butler
    Station Wachapreague, Virginia

Teresa, Proud Mom of BM Brett Butler
    Station Wachapreague, Virginia
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ana

--
    07 Apr 2008 12:39 AM
    :P Take it with ease! hehe. You can do it!

(FUTURE)USCG OS
    Anchorage, AK

os3 in sector baltimore md.
    vtecmarco

--
    07 Apr 2008 01:16 AM
    Good luck and thanks for your help too....see you on the other side!!
    urtruedestinee

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:47 AM
    Oh by the way everyone, i forgot to mention it before but my recruiter choose me to be a recruiters assistant so i will have plenty of time to let you know how boot camp went! Thankyou all so much once again! Thankyou!
    Destinee

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ana

--
    07 Apr 2008 07:13 AM
    what is a recruiter's assistant?
    well i get what it is, but what does that mean? that means you aren't going to do the BM thing? and do recruiting instead?

(FUTURE)USCG OS
    Anchorage, AK

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 4/7/2008 1:17:23 AM GMT

urtruedestinee

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:20 PM
    Well, basically what i will do is come home, and i will have my 5 days off either before or after being a recruiters assistant for 21 days. In the 21 days i will help my recruiter with things he needs done as well as go to job fairs and things along that matter. After those 21 days depending on when i get my 5 days leave, i will head to my duty station and just continue on as anyone would out of boot. The only real difference is that i will be home for a month instead of 5 days but i will be working. I am so excited about it! Not only will i get extra time with my family but i will also get to talk about my experiences and play a role in recruiting! Its should be a blast!
    Destinee

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ana

--
    07 Apr 2008 09:56 PM
    aww i get it..lucky!

(FUTURE)USCG OS
    Anchorage, AK

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ErinSmith

--
    09 Apr 2008 12:30 AM
    good luck destinee!!
    -Erin Smith
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement