Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior AF to CG
Last Post 17 Aug 2015 01:35 PM by Old Guard2. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jmars

--
30 Jul 2015 12:01 PM
    Good evening,

I am excited at the prospect of potentially joining the Coast Guard. I worked and interacted with some excellent men and women at the joint bases I was assigned while I was active duty and I am excited to potentially join. I have finished my degree since separating from the Air Force and have now started the first steps.

I recently contacted my recruiter and filled out some paperwork/provided information he requested. He stated that I would need to be released from the Air Force's IRR via a DD Form 368 before we could continue further. He was uncertain whom to actually route the form through and told me he would look into it and asked me to also do the same, so I thought I'd try here as well as reaching out to my prior units. I do not have a command structure or contact number since being moved to the IRR as far as I am aware. Does anybody know who exactly we would need to contact?

Thank you,

J. Mars
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    02 Aug 2015 10:44 PM
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    sminthian

--
    14 Aug 2015 07:07 AM
    I'm prior AF in the CG now. Just talk to an AF recruiter, they're used to prior service people. CG recruiters are very lazy, so don't be surprised if they're never around and you need to nag them to get them to do anything, that's just the way they are. Just keep in mind that you're going to start off as an E-3 again, and everything in the CG is totally different...
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Aug 2015 09:51 AM
    Lazy huh? Have you worked at a recruiters office and know first hand what they are doing? Doubt it. Did you think at all that maybe your comment is inappropriate to say on an online forum, regardless of what your opinion is?
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    16 Aug 2015 05:52 PM
    Posted By sminthian on 14 Aug 2015 08:07 AM
     CG recruiters are very lazy, so don't be surprised if they're never around and you need to nag them to get them to do anything, that's just the way they are.

Really?? And you've served as a recruiter, so you you'd know what they have to deal with.  Here's an interesting bit of info: In the entire state of CA there are only six RO's.  Now how busy do you think that makes them?
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    17 Aug 2015 06:33 AM
    ...and the population of California is 37,000,000. You do the math. Lazy is not the proper terminology, OVERLOADED is the actual word.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    17 Aug 2015 01:35 PM
    Wow, Sminthian, that's a pretty bold statement. Recruiters for the CG typically cover multiple states and thousands of square miles. You may have noticed, we are slightly smaller than the Air Force and have smaller recruiting numbers. So it is thought that we don't need as many recruiters working the job. Probably true but I'm so sorry they weren't there to powder your bottom at the drop of a hat. They had a bunch of other whiners complaining they are lazy at the same time. You should just be glad you made that statement after you got into the CG.... I would love to call your recruiter and tell you what you thought of him/her.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement