Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I've been browsing for a while; this is my placeholder.
Last Post 12 Jan 2016 08:25 AM by Old Guard2. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
USCGSouthEast

--
07 Aug 2015 11:46 AM
    Hi all,

I'm a male, 26, minority, 15+ college credits with a highschool equivalency. Around 5'9, 145lbs. I'm possibly going to be a Coastie. I'm currently waiting on my highschool equivalency waiver. I went to MEPS last Tuesday and took my ASVAB Monday.

Here's my timeline for the South East area of the United States.

Around Mid-June I contacted my local recruiter. He says he has nothing for me now that I'd have to get back in contact with him July 1st.

We stay in contact through email. First in-person appointment was on the 28th. of July.

August 3rd I'm scheduled to take the ASVAB. My AFQT percentile is an 86.

August 4th I'm schedule for MEPS. I pass with the following notes: 1) Appendectomy, tonsillectomy, scar for stitches, and wearing glasses. The doctor mentioned I have mild pes planus. The only "almost" issue for me was that I am around -6.00 diopter in one eye and around a -7.25 in the other. I could see the doctor give my papers a second thought. But nevertheless I was cleared by MEPS.

I was told that I would have to wait around a week for the final urinalysis and blood work to come through and that when these results return back to my recruiter he would have my waivers submitted.

So that's where I'm at now! I'll continue updating as I get more fresh information. I wonder if I might be able to have all of my paperwork submitted and cleared by the USCG by the end of the month. My recruiter suggests I'll probably end up going to boot by December. I wish I could be out and at Camp May by the end of the month, but that's fine.

If you all have any questions, please ask and I'll try to answer them as best I can as I intend to keep you all informed during my entire process from initial recruiter contact to boot.

I'm glad to be here. This site has given me a lot of valuable information and insight. Thank you all for that.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    07 Aug 2015 04:28 PM
    Sounds like a pretty painless recruitment process. Congrats
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    07 Aug 2015 06:27 PM
    Yeah, my recruiter has been great. There are some folks who apparently ship way quicker than I might be so I'm a little jealous of that but that's OK. I'm on my own timing anyways.

I hope I get in and my waiver is no problem. I think I'd be heartbroken for about a day if I didn't get in.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    12 Aug 2015 12:41 PM
    Aug. 12, 2015 - Received MEPS results for urinalysis and bloodwork. No issues.

Aug. 12, 2015 - Paperwork submitted for high school equivalency waiver.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    17 Aug 2015 02:21 PM
    Aug. 17 2015 - High school equivalency waiver approved.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Aug 2015 07:13 AM
    Very nice! You are moving right along.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    USCGSouthEast

--
    18 Aug 2015 08:45 AM
    Thanks. I'm humbled about the whole thing.

Aug. 18 2015 - e-QIP processing/SF86.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    26 Aug 2015 04:02 PM
    Aug. 26 2015 - SF86 completed and submitted.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    11 Sep 2015 09:50 AM
    DEP (Delayed Entry Program) - 20 October 2015
    Ship to Boot Camp - 12 January 2016
    EM A-School Start Date 04 April 2016

Give or take, supposedly.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Sep 2015 10:31 AM
    Oh you're a lucky one. You get an extra day in boot camp... February 29th!! That's always good when you can extend your stay. LOL

Really, congratulations. Glad things are moving in the right direction.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    USCGSouthEast

--
    11 Sep 2015 02:32 PM
    Oh really? Can you explain why? I'm a little lost here.

For those of you interested, my recruiter tells me a few critical rates opened up:

FS, OS, ET, EM, MK.

I chose the EM route. I'm so excited.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    11 Sep 2015 03:08 PM
    Old Guard2, oh, I get it

And thank you for your praise. I really get giddy thinking about my future with the USCG. Sometimes I have to tone it down as to not be offensive to others.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    20 Oct 2015 05:08 PM
    I'm officially a DEPer as of today.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    20 Oct 2015 09:25 PM
    Congrats Southeast!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    aztecmatt

--
    21 Oct 2015 11:12 AM
    Posted By USCGSouthEast on 11 Sep 2015 10:50 AM

You got a guaranteed A school date for EM?...If not, dont bank on going that soon. If you get a boat, you may need to get fully qualled before putting your name on the list and even then, people who have passed the EPME will go ahead of you. Not trying to piss in your coffee here, I was the same way with BM school. It says 0-3 months and I thought I'd be gone soon, but the SOONEST I could possibly have made it to school has been 5 months.
    USCGSouthEast

--
    11 Jan 2016 09:15 AM
    Posted By aztecmatt on 21 Oct 2015 12:12 PM
    Posted By USCGSouthEast on 11 Sep 2015 10:50 AM

You got a guaranteed A school date for EM?...If not, dont bank on going that soon. If you get a boat, you may need to get fully qualled before putting your name on the list and even then, people who have passed the EPME will go ahead of you. Not trying to piss in your coffee here, I was the same way with BM school. It says 0-3 months and I thought I'd be gone soon, but the SOONEST I could possibly have made it to school has been 5 months.

I have a guaranteed A-school date.

I am now leaving for the MEPS hotel. Tomorrow I ship.

This will be my last message to you all unless I get back from boot camp as a graduate. Thanks for all your help here on the forums. It's been a great source of information, encouragement, and a little bit of anxiety. I intend to be a good investment on you all's behalf.

See you, or goodbye!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Jan 2016 08:25 AM
    I know you won't see this... But good luck!!!!!! We'll be cheering from you. Hopefully you'll be back after boot camp to tell us how everything went!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement