Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Please Help
Last Post 28 Dec 2004 07:04 PM by Buzz. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tiffy0908@comcast.net

--
28 Feb 2004 03:43 AM
     My husband has just gotten a two week notice that he is going to be temporarily assigned to a cutter for 6 weeks. His senior chief has told him this and he has done nothing wrong and they will not give him a good explanation. His senior chief said that this would be a good learning experience. My husband only has a year and a half left and is wanting to get out. He is trying to find a way out of this. We have a 2 year old and she does not doing well when he is at work and this would just make it worse. He is going to miss her 3rd birthday and Easter if this happens. I am going to have to quit my job and not to mention we have no family where we are so I am going to have to be alone for 6 weeks with no help. I am not very good with stress and this is putting such a toll on me that I am going to make myself sick. My husband was told by a higher ranking petty officer that there is ways to get out of this, but he said that he did not want to get involved so that is all that he said. Can someone please help and tell us what those ways are. Thank you .
    oregongirl

--
    25 Mar 2004 09:27 PM
     I don't know how to tell you to get out of it, unfortunately, this is what life in the Coast Guard is like. Thousands of Coastie families deal with underway situations every day. It is only 6 weeks, have you considered putting your child in daycare, or taking a leave of absence from work? It would cost you a little more money, but in the long run you would still have your job. If you quit your job the time will go by that much slower for you, it is important to stay busy while he is gone. It is a bummer that he will miss her birthday and Easter, can you celebrate those holidays on a different day when he will be home? Make friends with other wives who have husbands on the boat, they will be your best allies and support system while he is gone. They are going through the same feelings and stresses as you. Make sure you explain to your child that daddy will be gone for a while, and make some sort of wall calendar that you can check off together each day with a big red pen, so she can see how soon Daddy will be home. Make it fun for her though, if you are missing him all the time, she will respond to that and behave accordingly.
    It sounds like you have been lucky so far to have a land billeted husband, but eventually, everyone has to go on the boat at some point. Make the best of it, and send a camera with him! He will bring back some great pictures! Best of luck to you both.
    Nbazajou

--
    21 Jul 2004 12:48 AM
    nono You need to  look at this in a better light, he joined the Coast Guard and he is serving his country.  Six months is not a long time and you will find it goes by very quickly.  If child care is not an option, this take a leave of absence and enjoy this time.  The military is a wonderful way of life, it is not like any other. Your husband will have stories to tell your children and you will grow and become a wiser, better person.  Write back when the 6 months are over, I bet you have a different view.  You don't join the military expecting a 9-5 job like everyone else, it is a challenge and an honor to wear the uniform.  Trust me, having been there, done that, you will learn to enjoy the time.

Nancy
    frank grimes

--
    17 Nov 2004 03:05 AM
    "You need to look at this in a better light, he joined the Coast Guard and he is serving his country. Six months is not a long time and you will find it goes by very quickly. If child care is not an option, this take a leave of absence and enjoy this time. The military is a wonderful way of life, it is not like any other. Your husband will have stories to tell your children and you will grow and become a wiser, better person. Write back when the 6 months are over, I bet you have a different view. You don't join the military expecting a 9-5 job like everyone else, it is a challenge and an honor to wear the uniform. Trust me, having been there, done that, you will learn to enjoy the time.

Nancy"

owned.
    Buzz

--
    28 Dec 2004 07:04 PM
    Get over it, thousand of troops are missing brithdays and more. Grow up.

Yesterday is History Tomorrow a Mystery Today a Gift

VFC

Yesterday is History Tomorrow a Mystery Today a Gift

VFC
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement