Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Buchanan, TN USCGC Chippewa
Last Post 11 Feb 2016 11:12 AM by cg2er410. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gabe474

--
18 Aug 2015 08:02 AM
    Any info would be appreciated. Really curious if there is on base living quarters or if our son will be looking for a place to rent.  We will find out soon enough but thought I would see what I could find out here.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Aug 2015 10:40 AM
    From my understanding, no base housing there. The unit doesn't have a webpage and information is greatly lacking when I searched. He will probably be looking for a place. However, there may be someone there that has a place, they share, the other Coastie just moved out, they'll need a roomie... It all works out really well when they get there. So just stand by but nothing says you can't start looking at Zillow or Craigslist just to get an idea of what's out there.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Gabe474

--
    19 Aug 2015 03:06 PM
    Thanks OG. I'm sure it's all going to be fine. He was very excited about his orders. He was wanting to start out on a river job. Not only did he get that but this base is only 2 1/2 hrs from home. The part of the Mississippi River they work on passes by about 8 miles from here. He loves to hunt and fish and this base is in a sportsman's paradise so we probably won't see much of him when he gets time off. Right now we are just looking forward to Graduation. Thanks again!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Aug 2015 07:23 AM
    That is fantastic all around! Congratulations. Think how great it will be when you know the ship is coming toward your area and you can see him working!! The Mississippi is a beautiful river. I have slapped my feet in Mississippi mud all up and down from Louisiana to Minnesota! I also have water from 4 of the 5 great lakes. I'm just missing Huron at this point. I hope he has a great first assignment, hard work, but he'll learn a lot.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    K-142

--
    15 Dec 2015 12:15 PM
    We just received the first duty station call from our son last night. He will graduate basic training in early January. It would be great to get in touch regarding his preparations for life in Buchanan, TN with the USCGC Chippewa. Any insight into available housing would be especially appreciated. Considering the location and size I assume there are not any government living quarters. Is anybody there looking for a room mate around the beginning of the year? We are excited for him to be starting off in such a beautiful part of the country. Thanks
    tc1uscg

--
    10 Feb 2016 06:25 AM
    If the Chip is in Tn, what's covering the Ohio River now?
    Was at Group Ohio River, Ownesboro Ky - 1983-86 (yes, after the big gas tank rupture from the Southern States Fuel depot across the street from us. Even got an award for dragging one of those big azz CO2 fire extinguishers and putting out a fuel dock fire. Hey, I was the ONLY one on duty that evening and didn't want to get blown up before the Fire Department got there.   But at least I remoted all my 11 VHF Hi-Level sites to my local VHF radio and took a portable with me just in case )
    cg2er410

--
    11 Feb 2016 11:12 AM
    The Obion, Osage and Chena cover the Ohio River. The Obion is in Owensboro KY, the Osage in Sewickley PA and the Chena in Hickman, KY. The Chip and Cimarron are both in Buchanan, TN. The Ouachita is in Chattanooga.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement